Issue with Paypal Prepaid Card?

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, since the PayPal Prepaid Debit site has changed, I haven't been able to complete the instant transfers. I've called Paypal multiple times with no resolution, the agents told me my account was in good standing and to simply try again. Tried 5 hours apart today and still no luck. I continuously get the the following:

"Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."

Usually when this happens there's a big thread about it on here, but I see nothing. Maybe it's just me this time? Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

My card is not a prepaid card though and the purchases gets deducted right from my PayPal balance so I don't need to transfer to card.  By nature of US PayPal accounts, you cannot withdraw to credit, debit, and prepaid cards but yet PayPal is promoting this feature with this prepaid card of theirs.  Were you able to make instant transfers before?  Or is this your first time trying to do it and its not working?

Note that that is the prepaid card app found here, not the regular PayPal app.

Yeah, that's the thing I hear from people re: PayPal customer service, that you have to be persistent until you get an agent that gets it. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor
I see. I've been using the card for 3 years. As a freelancer Paypal is my primary source of income. Never had this problem until they changed the layout of the website.
Login to Me Too

Drewboals631
Contributor
Contributor
Been having this issues past few days can't do nothing ..I am stucked I called the customer care representative all I was told it would be sorted out I can send money to my step son it's so sad ..what can I do to get my account back together
Login to Me Too

Jjohnson218
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here just want my money ebrtything is cotrect grt to the point where i revire transfer. And it has sn error mrssage that says this. Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer. If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service. Noone helps
Login to Me Too

Lola1910
Contributor
Contributor
I just got a paypal prepaid card and im having an issue linking the card to set up the instant transfer. Whenever I enter the routing nber and account number provided by the prepaid website, paypal says the bank has been disabled and for me to try another bank. If there routing number and account number have been disabled this is probably why you cant do the transfers
Login to Me Too

Smurf2665
New Community Member
I'am having same problem with no help from both companies they say the PayPal account is fine and the prepaid card is fine with no restrictions. If that's so then give me my money!!!
Login to Me Too

JacobMudgett
New Community Member
It gives the same message on the app as well
Login to Me Too

Walkdogg
Is there any way to go over the $300 limit??? I need my money now
Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

This has been a super annoying issue for a few weeks now. Basically, whenever you attempt to initiate the instant transfer to the Prepaid card, the website is not sending the request over to PayPal. So, we are not even seeing the request for the money transfer, and we have been attempting to get it fixed for a while now, it has something to do with the Prepaid Website. I would advise to attempt to try different amounts and see if one will initiate. I understand that it's not convienent and it's really frustrating, but that's about as much information as any Paypal Customer Service Agent will have to give you.

Login to Me Too

Drewboals631
Contributor
Contributor
I have been having the same issue paste few weeks my girl friend need money for her birthday could not do any thing I am so stucked right now ..my step son b
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.