Issue with Paypal Prepaid Card?

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, since the PayPal Prepaid Debit site has changed, I haven't been able to complete the instant transfers. I've called Paypal multiple times with no resolution, the agents told me my account was in good standing and to simply try again. Tried 5 hours apart today and still no luck. I continuously get the the following:

"Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."

Usually when this happens there's a big thread about it on here, but I see nothing. Maybe it's just me this time? Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

awhite8
Contributor
Contributor
Been having these issues for the last few days myself. I've been bounced around from PayPal and netspend so much I'm about to lose my mind. I have almost $2000 in my paypal account and feel like my money is being held hostage. How hard could it be do get one thing to work. The first day it let my finally move 50 and then 5. Had to keep decreasing the amount to get those to go thru. Day 2 only 25 and then another 5. Today nothing. Not even a 0.01 will transfer. They had no problems deducting their 4.95 monthly convenience/inconvenience fee from my account. At this point I think I'm going to transfer all funds back to my bank and cancel my account. Too much of a hassle no customer support whatsoever.
Login to Me Too

kstorie
Contributor
Contributor

So this still seems to be a problem, after talking to 3 different reps, 1 of which threw me back into the queue because she did not want to talk to me!! It came down to this.... Paypal prepaid is having a glitch and is unable to move money from Paypal to the Prepaid card. It is a network wide thing and they hope to resolve it within 2-3 days, HOWEVER, this error message has been happening since Friday of last week so it looks gloomy to think they actually might be able to fix it. 

MY suggestion:  Do what I did and transfer the money to your bank account with Paypal, it takes 1 day and you will have your money sooner. Keep in mind same rules apply no more than $300 in a day or $2000 in a month. 

Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

2-3 days? i've dealt with that since LAST august. they're probably lying. just like the multiple supervisors i've talked to on the phone who've said they would relay my concerns to support &nothing ever came back. trash service.

Login to Me Too

Keasler3092
Definitely having the same issues! I call more then 20 times and every time they try to take me through the same steps that I allready know and say wait about a couple hours. Or they just hang up. So much **bleep** and I'm so **bleep** frustrated it's making me pull my hair out!
Login to Me Too

awhite8
Contributor
Contributor
Still no change this morning. Unable to transfer message every time. I wanted to separate this from my bank account for a reason and it should do what they say it will or refund everyone their monthly convenience fees because it's a rip off. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to opening another checking account and wait the few days to move the money and use their debit/credit card instead. At least I know that will work and not give me this hassle and aggravation. I've spent way too much time on this **bleep** up mess already!!!
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Are you folks using the Paypal Prepaid MC Debit card?

The fund is kept in a FDIC insured account with Bankcorp Bank?

Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor
Yes we are.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

someone has answered your question,go to prepaid card website and click on transfer,the money would be transfered into your  paypal account/

but first you must link the card with the account,it  is done in your paypal account.

Login to Me Too

awhite8
Contributor
Contributor
Same generic answer I've heard numerous times already. Link your card to PayPal etc.... Every option that can be read off of a call center script have been tried. This is just not a dependable service. I'll go another route and take care of things myself in a way I know I can depend on.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

may be one step at a time-

can you view your card balance on that website for prepaid debit card?

then what happens if you click to transfer to your PAYPAL account,assuming you have already connected the two .

-----------------------------

I dont understand Paypal ,why does it come up with some many products ,they all sound similar and serve basically the same **bleep** thing-withdrawing money/

There is the Paypal business debit card which taps your Paypal balance,there is this Paypal prepaid MC debit card which holds a balance?There is this Paypal extra MC card which is a credit card,there is this Paypal cash now,Paypal here,Paypal credit card,Paypal line of credit,Paypal Pay after delivery?Paypal gift card.

Some sign up for PAYPAL Line of credit and then find out it is not available ,some sign up for Paypal pay after delivery and find money was taken from their bank account in a few days no 14 days?    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.