Issue with Paypal Prepaid Card?

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, since the PayPal Prepaid Debit site has changed, I haven't been able to complete the instant transfers. I've called Paypal multiple times with no resolution, the agents told me my account was in good standing and to simply try again. Tried 5 hours apart today and still no luck. I continuously get the the following:

"Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."

Usually when this happens there's a big thread about it on here, but I see nothing. Maybe it's just me this time? Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

SannyD
Contributor
Contributor
I know same issues and frustrations here. Going through the same thing for months with no resolution. Wondering if I try to use my laptop to do the transfer of it will work? I've only used my iPhones to access PayPal and PayPal-prepaid for the past few years. I've also tried different browsers like chrome and even downloaded the ppp app. Still get the same error message. If anyone comes up with a solution to this please message me! I'm so disappointed in PayPal and Bankcorp. Such bad business. I know if this continues they will be **bleep** in no time. Please message me if any solution is found to work.
Login to Me Too

voskee
This **bleep** is unacceptable. There needs to be a lawsuit against paypal for the unconcerned customer service and false advertising of convenience. I'm going through what you all are going through and all I'm trying to transfer is my lil $25. Wasted 3 hours of my life on the phone being transferred and 3 way calls to paypal prepaid for NOTHING. And then of course i get a email stating my account is restricted. Really? My account only been open for 13 days. Smh
Login to Me Too

Atlmuscle
New Community Member
I've had the exact same issues. It will randomly work after a few days and then stop working for 20 of the days. I've called numerous times. Put in a trouble ticket. Never get a callback or resolution. Is there an alternative to instant transferring money from PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you are in US,you can ask for a bank check,but it will take days.

there is walmart prepaid debit card you can link to your paypal account,but I dont know how fast it would be.

instant transfer would be paypal business debit card,you can go to ATM and  get the cash out,daily limit is 400 dollars.

Login to Me Too

teambledsoe
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler

If anyone ever gets a resolution, please let me know, I've been getting the "Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service." since thursday 1/19 now, it worked for about three days before that and just went to crap

Login to Me Too

Kristy19149
New Community Member
I ordered the paypal prepaid about 6 weeks ago because it states you can instantly transfer funds from paypal to your paypal prepaid. The limits are $300 a day and $2000 a month. Very first time I transfered it worked perfect. A week later I went to transfer and got error message. I contacted paypal prepaid customer service (different from paypal customer service bare in mind) and git a reply the next day listing step by step instructions on how to transfer and my account was in good standing. Went on to say if continue to have issues contact paypal directly. Needless to say still wouldn't let me transfer funds so I called paypal. Paypal told me they were discontinuing the instant transfer to paypal prepaid and that I needed get the paypal bussiness Mastercard and that links directly to my paypal so no need to transfer funds. Withdrawal of up to $400 a day as well. While on phone with paypal had the representative walk me through ordering the paypal bussiness card. Was informed it would take up to 10 business days to get card and on day 8 right now. Yesterday just to see of it would work I logged onto paypal prepaid and was able to transfer $300 to the card. I was shocked as paypal said they were no longer allowing instant transfers and had to get bussiness card. Tried again today as its been over 24 hours and error message again. Seems to work if you transfer money every few weeks. My question is why is paypal prepaid still advertising instant transfers of $300 a day and up to $2000 a month but yet paypal said they are doing away with paypal prepaid??? Honestly it seems like a scam as they have no issue taking the monthly fee for the paypal prepaid. I just hope the paypal business card don have the same issues as the paypal prepaid by Bankcorp. Soon as I get the bussiness card I ordered and ensure it works I'm cancelling the paypal prepaid as it does not work and reading this thread seems like an issue that has been ongoing for quite some time. It's a joke that they advertise instant transfers and it's blatant false advertising and Bankcorp is basically charging you a fee for a service it does not supply. Then to continue advertising this service that don't work even though paypal is informing customers that this service with Bankcorp is being discontinued. When I sent an email to paypal prepaid they sent me a generic reply of step by step on how to do instant transfers that don't work. If you are looking for a convenient way to access your paypal funds ...THIS IS NOT IT!!! I will update my post once I receive the paypal bussiness card that is directly through paypal and not a third party provider such as the paypal prepaid by scam artist Bankcorp. For those of you with paypal prepaid order the paypal bussiness Mastercard today as if anything it can't be any worse than this waste of plastic.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont think your Paypal rep knows what he is talking about.

FIRST,the paypal business debit card which is a MC is not the same as your Papal prepaid debit card.

It taps your paypal fund and backed by your bank fund and it has not worked well for a long time,I have one and it works a few places and most places it was declined,it does give you a 1 % cash rebate when you use it as a credit card,but this card has not been working well for months,and it looks like it has not been fixed.

I just used it last night at Macy website,it was declined,but PAYPAL sent me email saying it has been authorised.

Now,your prepaid debit card which is also a master card has a fee of 4.95 a month,you can transfer fund,you can add fund and it would even pay your interest if you have a saving account.

these 2 cards are different.

and what good is it if your new card does not work most of the time.

Login to Me Too

G54701
Contributor
Contributor
First time for me what can you do?
Login to Me Too

I am so disappointed in this service. First the temporary card seems to advertise that you can use that for transfer from paypal to debit, and I even called and spoke with a rep named Dennis that said at first I could not, I quoted the card packaging advertisment, he double checked, then said I could transfer funds but that to do anything with an ATM I would need the card with my name. I bought the temp card under this assumption. After activating and now speaking with a foreign fellow with paypal prepaid I was informed I could not do anything with the temp other than use the funds I put on it at time of purchase and would need the actual card to transfer. Waited 10 days, should have just transferred to bank account, finally get the card and activate it. Go to the app, the website, use different browsers, tried the move money on the left task bar, tried the transfer money on the far right at the prepaid dashboard under the prepaid card balance, get as far as enetering the amount to transfer, confirm it and constantly get "Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."

Spoke with multiple reps. Was told by one that she could help me transfer it, finally feeling releif that something would get done after a week of dealing with no resolution, then she puts me on hold for about ten minutes, its now a 40 minute call, comes back on and says she needs to send a confirmation to my phone via text for security (odd since every other rep has asked me a series of questions related to my past to verify my identity), she then asks me a very odd question "is it your name with the phone provider?" I tell her it is not as I use a shared plan. She tells me that she will try to verify it but doesnt think it will work since the phone plan is not under my name... sounds like crap... she waits ten seconds and informs me it did not work. So I ask her if I buy a new phone with just my name and call back then we will be able to do this and she says yes, she just wants me off the phone, I tell her that I will use a different phone that is under my name although I am reluctant to use that phone, she is taken back and cant believe I want to do this now, informs me that the system wont let her try again and I should call another time... The odd thing is that the man I spoke to before her with an unrelated verification issue I have had a horrible time resolving asked me if the phone is under my name, I told him its not and he said that could be why verification issues are cropping up. I am certain this lady put me on hold, reviewed notes, found an out, played on my sense of hope, then **bleep** me basically. All of this is horrible and I cant stand being treated like crap and wasting over 6 hours in a week on something that is advertised as so simple. It makes me sad that this is a reality in todays world. I have had paypal since 2011 but will be closing all accounts and pulling funds to opt for a different service. 

Login to Me Too

harpman82
New Community Member

Me and my wife figured out something that might work for you guys. We used the mobile app and the browser. It let us tranfer $9.99 at a time but it would not work for $10 lol.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.