Is there an issue with Paypal Debit Cards?

Big_E6507
Contributor
Contributor

I can't use my debit card for anything.  Hold time for support is over 2.5 hours.  Is there something going on that is causing this?  I really need access to my account.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Bitterman
Contributor
Contributor

It's a problem with Backup Funding I'm sure.  I made a smaller purchase this morning (one that was totally covered by my paypal balance) and it worked just fine.  It's only when they have to use backup funding that it gets declined.  I have not had a problem with backup funding for 15 years and have not changed the backup funding bank account for a couple years either.  They've **bleep** something up on their end for sure.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

THERE ARE some folks who have 4-5 figures in their paypal account,no need for bank funding and their cards were declined.

too many products,too many  changes to the system,

Login to Me Too

Bitterman
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, they need to get their crap together.  After calling yesterday and being told yet again that "it will work now" my card is still being declined when going to backup funding.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with my backup funding account and I've been using this same bank account for the last year and a half at least with no problems.

PayPal fix the problems with my (and many others) accounts already please!

Login to Me Too

WeFreezeDry
Contributor
Contributor

Yes mine is still being declined (as recent as yesterday 10/20) despite keeping a steady balance of 3-7 K in the account. So nothing going on with backup funding it just plain doesnt work. Nothing like getting declined at the grocery store yet again. LOL.

I am getting so sick of this, so I started transferring my balances to my bank account. I use my PayPal card like you would a bank debit card, so for almost every purchase. Declined every week for several weeks now. Called twice on the issue, no explanation. I am just moving my money. I hope they resolve this, but what else can I do.

Login to Me Too

j_hardesty
Contributor
Contributor

This started happening to me last night. I use my card to do things like purchase postage for my business. Now I have orders ready to ship and I can't print the labels. There's money in the account. Not only that, but it appears to be using the wrong banking account as the default.

J.

Login to Me Too

WeFreezeDry
Contributor
Contributor

I receive errors while trying to do postage all this morning. I did refresh and it seemed to work.

Paypal WTF!!!

Login to Me Too

j_hardesty
Contributor
Contributor

Well It's still not working for me. Keeps saying the card is declined.

Login to Me Too

shiningfaith
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, having the same issue...
I can track this issue back to 10/15/16. I have my settings to email me every time we use our card and also when transactions clear. First, those emails stopped comming, then started coming days later both after the purchase and when it clears. Then, it became very hit and miss on transactions approving. Now, I haven't been able to use my PayPal card in days, and everything has cleared completely through my bank and with PayPal (and yes, that includes a wait time for the bank processing), and I've had this card since 2011. We already consistently spend over $5,000 a month because we use it mainly to purchase everything because of the cashback feature. A recent call to customer service tells me that it's because of our largest transaction clearing in the past two weeks was only $400, so that's now our limit of spending they will approve, because they know that's what we're good for. I'm really irritated right now with PayPal, and I suspect it's really an issue with their system, becuase we've not had this problem since first building our trustworthiness with PayPal in 2011, and usually when I call, there's never a hold time, but it's been over two hours most days when I call. Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.