Is the a limit adding money?

DantheManfromMi
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a limit when adding money from a personal bank account TO my normal PayPal account? I tried $15,000 and $9,000 and neither worked.

This is a normal account (not a business acct.)

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, there are limits.  There will be limits due to PayPal security controls and government regulations.  They will not be disclosed by PayPal.

Why do you want to add funds to your PayPal account?  When you need money for sending or purchases PayPal will automaticall withdraw the appropriate amount from your bank account as long as your account is set up completely.

Too many failed attempts will also likely cause some problem with your account, even blocking use of your bank account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, there are limits.  There will be limits due to PayPal security controls and government regulations.  They will not be disclosed by PayPal.

Why do you want to add funds to your PayPal account?  When you need money for sending or purchases PayPal will automaticall withdraw the appropriate amount from your bank account as long as your account is set up completely.

Too many failed attempts will also likely cause some problem with your account, even blocking use of your bank account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are reasons to load up your Paypal account.

if he uses his Paypal business debit card as a credit card and go shopping,Paypal rebates 1% and for high ticket items,it could add up.

This **bleep** card has not been working too well ,but it would work better if the fund is already in your Paypal account,not your bank account.

also if he has a Paypal preferred debit card linked to his Paypal account,and wantto transfer to the card,he would need the fund in his paypal account already.  

Login to Me Too

SJ7
New Community Member

@DPCreations wrote:

How can I get my account unblocked? I transfered into my account one time 12K and now I am unable to transfer anything into my account.

Login to Me Too

brl98g
Contributor
Contributor
Last year i able to add 5,000 from my bank account to paypal we like to keep our tax returns in paypal why cant i add 5,000 this year
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

first look into your paypal account and see you have set any restriction.

do you have a  credit card linked to your paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.