Is PayPal Credit Useless?

SabrinaPrince16
New Community Member

I signed up for PayPal Credit thinking I could use it as a viable payment method for goods/services. I have a credit line, but nothing goes through. What does this product offer? I really don't see any value at the moment. Please let me know if you had a different experience or found that the product actually works. As of right now, I intend to close my PayPal account within the next 8 days because I feel I was sold on a particular service that is seemingly unavailable.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've only had good experiences with PayPal Credit.  It just popped up one day for a major purchase; I never applied for it.  I've used it ever since.

Just because you have a credit limit, PayPal still has the right to evaluate every purchase for risk.   There are many factors which PayPal considers.

When all of the factors come toghether for good then PayPal Credit will be offered as a purchase method.  In the meantime just focus on maintaining an excellent credit score and a low debit to available credit on your credit cards; like if you have 10,000 available on credit cards, don't use more than $1,000.

If you want to know the "why" about all of this you will need to phone PayPal customer service and ask.  From a practical perspecitve, that's just the way it is.

Login to Me Too

Tim1959
Contributor
Contributor
If you call they won't give you a straight answer they best around the bush and they seem as if they don't know them self make me wonder if they are the ones that need to be questioned
Login to Me Too

Tim1959
Contributor
Contributor
Yes same here I was approved for a 5000 $credit line bit I can't purchase a thing it really sick
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is paronoid ,it checks you clean every day every minute of the day to see where else have you racked up more debts.  

Login to Me Too

LofaDay

PP need to get their ACT TOGETHER. I am finding the same problem. I have an excelelent credit record, my asociated card is healthy, etc. Wanted to use this service not to borrow money but to shift things around. But it never does anything I need.

Can I pay an invoice from another PayPal with it? NO. Can I send money with it? NO. Right now, https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/bml-send-money says I can do exactly that, but it LIES. 

When I go to use the proclaimed 3 months free credit, any mention of 3 months free credit VANISHES. when I look up what it applies to, I get ZILCH except adverts. 

PPC, you need to do better. It is one of the highest rates around, and yet you are virtually un-contactable and you don't even bother describing the product properly. You must be raking it in, and yet offer the poorest service known to mankind. 

WAKEP UP PPC.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

from the link you provided,it looks like some features are not available on mobile devices.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea what you are using PayPal Credit for, but it should be for straightforward purchases.  It is not an all-purpose loan product to pay yourself or move money around.  Yes, you can send money to someone with it but it is difficult to complete such of transactions without a well established payment history with PayPal and there is no telling what that could consist of.  Perhaps your account is has not earned enough trust yet, who knows.  The risk/security models PayPal uses for approval is complex and based on stats and not made public.  It can not be overridden.  If the option to use PayPal Credit is not available, you must use another form of payment or take out a bank loan.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You mean moving the lounge chairs on the deck of Titanic?

Just kidding

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Whatever floats your boat. Smiley Wink

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.