Intended to use PP Credit but purchase charged to bank account instead.

Wheatridger
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase last week intending to use PayPal Credit to pay. Instead PayPal is trying to take the $1800 payment out of my bank account. I do have sufficient room on my PP line of credit to pay for this. How can I get this purchase reassigned to PP Credit?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You probably can't.  You could phone PayPal customer service if you want to try.

When you make a purchase PayPal does automatic security and risk assessments to determine how to pay.  Perhaps there have been changes in your credit score, your revenue stream, your total debt to avaiable credit ratio, your PayPal Credit payment history, or something else which made the pruchase to be a high risk for credit.

Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

Best bet that a rep would be able to tell you is to try to contact the merchant you attempted your purchase with and see if they can either cancel the authorization or refund you the money back and then resubmit your payment using the paypal credit option. We don't have the ability to change a funding source once a payment has been initiated, nor do we have the ability to cancel the payment and change it.

If it is going to your bank, and your bank does not have sufficent money to cover the transfer, be prepared that you may get some NSF fees since paypal instantly funds your payment to the merchant ahead of time and collects the payment from your bank within a few days. If it isn't there, they will attempt a second withdraw, then go to either a CC or DC listed on your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.