Inability to Withdraw Funds

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I'm not able to withdraw money from my PayPal account for some unknown reason.  I've been using PayPal for years and have not changed any settings so I do not believe that this is a user error.  When I try to withdraw money, I get the following message - "Sorry, but we need more information. Please withdraw money on our Classic site instead."  I'm not sure what information they don't have... Has anyone else seen this?  

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

lenroy
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.  Support email that I sent 3 days ago was not answered, and today the phone rep couldn't fix it either.

Again, the problem is an error while attempting to transfer funds: "Sorry, but we need more information. Please withdraw money on our Classic site instead"

The classic site doesn't work either..  Meanwhile, PayPal is having free use of my money - not a bad deal for them.

Login to Me Too

sandi16
New Community Member

this is exactly what my husband said.  this is their way to hold money long enough to gain interest on it.

Login to Me Too

THE_BLUR
Contributor
Contributor

thers' no option on the site to withdraw the money using a credit card. its either:

using a bank

by check or

get a paypal debit card.

Login to Me Too

sandi16
New Community Member

I'm trying to transfer funds to my bank account that has been verified and I'm receiving this on the website "Sorry, but we need more information. Please withdraw money on our Classic site instead....how much more classic does it get then the website????  I downloaded the app on my phone and tried it that way....received "denied due to risk please check it and try again"  I need this money to be transferred.  I didn't want to use paypal and now I know why....it is horrible!  I have been a member of paypal since 2001....really not happy at them moment.  I will call my bank tomorrow and report paypal to them.

Login to Me Too

Romain0
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the very same problem. Furthermore the Classic website does not work.

Customer service does reply my emails, but they answer with general **bleep** that does not help.

Anybody competent from paypal around to help?

Login to Me Too

THE_BLUR
Contributor
Contributor

try paypal.com/wdfunds

Login to Me Too

rsanchez84
New Community Member

Try using another browser, used EDGE, entered your link and login, worked.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

try doing it on your PC.

I just did,no problem

Login to Me Too

ValleyGirl23
New Community Member

I am having this issue right now as well. I have a donation that came in that I am attempting to transfer to my bank and I keep getting the following message: "Sorry, but we need more information. Please withdraw money on our Classic site instead." Even on the Classic site, I cannot transfer the funds. I need this money within 48 hours, as I am using the funds for a medical proceedure. HELP! 

Login to Me Too

Claydog
New Community Member

When you see the message that says use classic site. Click where it says withdraw. Then click the option where it say transfer to bank 3 to 4 business days. Then you can finish the transaction there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.