Inability to Withdraw Funds

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I'm not able to withdraw money from my PayPal account for some unknown reason.  I've been using PayPal for years and have not changed any settings so I do not believe that this is a user error.  When I try to withdraw money, I get the following message - "Sorry, but we need more information. Please withdraw money on our Classic site instead."  I'm not sure what information they don't have... Has anyone else seen this?  

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the issues on both the website and the iOS mobile application.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi EXKonen5 -

Sorry to hear of the trouble that has brought you here to the Community, but we're happy to have you here all the same!

I've not heard of this specific issue before, however it almost sounds like our system is trying to do a security check to make sure it's you trying to make the withdrawal. Your best bet would be to get in touch with our customer service so we can take a look at your account and see what can be done to fix this.

You can call us, send us a Tweet, or send us a private message on Facebook.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the message, however it appears that the bug has been fix.  I've been going to the site daily since I encountered the error and I was able to withdraw funds through the original means without changing any of my settings this morning.  Again, not sure what PayPal did to fix it, but it has been addressed.  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

GrannyThrift
New Community Member

I am currently going through this very issue. Paypal has not given a thorough reply as to the why of it, once mentioning it was an IP address issue. I have Centurylink and live in Oregon, but for whatever reason my IP resolves to Louisiana.

I was told in an email that it would be "requested" for me, whatever that means. I asked for confirmation but have yet to receive a reply.

I once used paypal all the time years ago, and recently am back to it because of doing some selling again, and must say it is a real fiasco!

Just got a reply telling me I can just click withdraw in my account and traqnsfer money myself, but guess what....it still doesn't work!

Login to Me Too

biz1biz
New Community Member

This is happening to me right now and making me really, really, really unlikely to use Paypal ever again after this event.

I have spent WAY too much time trying to resolve this today.

Login to Me Too

skyrome17
New Community Member

hello, I'm sorry for upping this thread, but im experiencing the same error, which has started since last night. and until now..  please do help me fix this problem thanks!

error, hidden amount for security porpuses

- I added my Driver license ID Code/Number
- I Linked my latest master card

- emailed the paypal customer support

Login to Me Too

jrobert54
Contributor
Contributor

I feel this comes under inability to withdraw funds. I have the paypal prepaid MC and have had it 2 or 3 months. I've made in excess of 20 transfers from my PayPal account and as of a week ago tomorrow it comes up with an error saying action can't be completed blah blah if it continues contact customer service. I've put at least 5 hrs in on phone between the card company and PayPal. Still won't work and got an email this morning in my secure inbox on prepaid sight assuring me everything was fine and no problems on their end. I've been passed back and forth between them yet even though both say my account is in good standing nobody has fixed it. Have been on phone and laptop with reps trying different amounts and all under their guidance and suggestions. Frankly I need the money to pay overdue bills and I'm not in the mood nor do I have time to go through all this any more. Cannot call support right now because I'm behind schedule. Everything else works fine such as 5 or 6 postal purchases through PayPal and $260 payment to ebay. No one will say anything but sorry for my inconvenience but won't say if its being fixed. Actually nobody wants to come out and say its a tech problem. Sure the money is in savings along with pending funds they have stalled but I need the ability to use my money as I see fit. They continue to ask for survey and recommendations for new customers but I'm not going to go there right now because it wouldn't be a grade I want to give anybody I still do business with. What gives? I'll have to look for answer late. have shipments to get out and maintain my seller reputation. Very frustrated and annoyed!

Login to Me Too

Jenibelletong
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing the same issue on my account can someone resolve the error Pls.
Login to Me Too

I’ve been having the same problem for over a month. I’ve submitted all the proper documents it will not let me transfer my funds.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.