I need to load cash to my PayPal debit mastercard.

Owlfan
Contributor
Contributor
Can I go to store and ad cash to my PayPal. Debit MasterCard? I dont want to transfer from my bank, I want to just load cash.
Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

oswaldjude
Contributor
Contributor

So I cannot add funds to my prepaid card using my credit card? I applied for a Paypal debit card only to use my Chase Freedom CC because this CC earns me 5% on all Paypal purchases. If I'm not able to charge my Chase card by Paypal, then I really do not need the Debit card! I though I would fund my card by $1,500 max over 3 months and use up the balance as needed. This sucks! I tried adding Paypal to my GooglePay and it prompted me to use a bank debit card for use. I do not want to use any other payment methods than Chase Freedom CCard.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Thisisgreat
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, great thanx Ash... P
Login to Me Too

starlitetech
Contributor
Contributor

I think Owlfan may be talking about the PayPal Debit MasterCard that is tied directly to the balance in his PayPal account, not the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard which is tied to a balance in a completely seperate prepaid account by Netspend (if you have one). If that is the case, the only way to load cash directly into your PayPal account so it can be spent using your PayPal Debit Mastercard is by purchasing one of the PayPal My Cash refill cards (see https://www.paypal-cash.com/).

But I highly reccomend against purchasing one of the PayPal My Cash refill cards (at least at this point in time) because you have roughly a ~10% chance of actually being able to load the refill card into your PayPal account. The other ~90% of the time it will give you an error that looks something like "Sorry, the redemption of your My Cash card could not be completed at this time. Please call PayPal customer service at Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us" so that we can resolve this issue for you. PayPal Error Code =26." From what I gathered, PayPal has been aware of this issue for quite awhile and has done absolutely nothing to resolve it. If you take a look around google or even this help forum, I am not the only one with this issue.

So unfortunately unless you want to take the gamble and get one of those refill cards, there is currently no other way to load cash directly into your PayPal account. Previously you could add cash directly to your account using a Greendot MoneyPak but Greendot has since stopped making MoneyPak cards because they were being used for fraud related-purposes far too often. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@starlitetech

There are several threads here on this forum of folks who drive to CVS after downloading an APP from Paypal,get some kind of code and show the CVS cashier his cash he wants to be deposited to his paypal account.

The cashier will take the cash and scan his cellphone,the cash should show up in his Paypal account afterwards.

Is this what you are referring to ,has it been discontinued due to fraud and other reasons?

One guy said he went to one CVS store,the clerk and the manager have no clue what he is talking about?

ASLO I question how reliable this is,you are forking over a few hundred dollars to a cashier who accept the cash,and then at the end of the day ,balance his register??and it does not help if his manager has no idea how it works   

Login to Me Too

MWehmeier
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seriously not amused with PP not getting this fixed. I add cash to my PP Debit card all the time. This is BS.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

there are 2 PAYPAL debit cards,one is the business debit card (master card) and the other is the Extra MC card.

Login to Me Too

MWehmeier
Contributor
Contributor

Star Tech--

Yep. That's the same answer I'm getting-- including from the PP business account reps. PP needs to get this situation fixed yesterday.

Thanks.

Mary

Login to Me Too

FamForce5
New Community Member

This is late but I just spoke with a representative for Paypal Debit Mastercard (not the same as Paypal Prepaid Mastercard), and she explained that direct deposit is NOT available for the debit card because there is no account and routing number associated with it. The debit card is only linked to your paypal account, not an actual bank account.

On the other hand, the prepaid is associated with an actual bank account with Bancorp and is eligible to recieve direct deposit.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have a Paypal debit card (MC) ,when I use it to buy things,it will take the fund from my Paypal balance ,if this is not enough,then it gets it from the bank account linked to my Paypal account.

There is a daily limit of $1000,and I get a cash rebate of 1 1/2%.

So to answer your question,just make sure there is enough money in your PAYPAL account and your bank account up to your daily limit.

go to your bank and deposit some cash,or ask someone to send you some money to your paypal account

Login to Me Too

beverly1981
New Community Member
Can I get one in a store
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.