I don't get it.

jshaw42
Contributor
Contributor

I have a credit card and a bank account that pays for every transaction I create using PayPal. My account shows that all my transactions are complete and paid. Yet, it also shows that I have a balance of $10.68. From where did that come

Also, why is there nowhere for me to speak with a representative on the site?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jshaw42,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm very sorry that it was difficult to navigate. If you do ever need the phone number, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, then Contact Customer Service, then Call us, then either log in to the the number and validation code, or click to call as a guest.

Regarding Twitter and Facebook, we would never want you to send any private information through those channels and we stick to general assistance via PMs and DMs, but we definitely respect your decision to avoid those platforms entirely and stick to email or phone.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @jshaw42!

Thanks for posting in our community! I'm sorry to hear that there's an unrecognized balance showing on your account. 😞

Do you have a PayPal credit product? If so, are you able to click "Details" next to the product on your PayPal Summary page to investigate where the balance may have come from?

We have options to contact customer support if you'd like to discuss the balance with a teammate! Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

jshaw42
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. But, this hasn't resolved anything. How am I supposed to decipher and choose using the following descriptions?

I'm having an issue with:

Password and account access
Resets, unlock account, unknown charges
Payments
Holds, declines, refunds, balance
Account profile and set up
Bank account, credit card, email, phone
Disputes and account limitations
Payment dispute, chargeback, limitation
PayPal Credit
Applications, payments, billing, features
PayPal Cards
Prepaid, Extras, Cashback and more
Business solutions
Fees, billing, orders, PayPal solutions
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jshaw42,

I'm sorry to hear that there is difficulty choosing the category for your email communication. Of the above topics, "Balance" seems to fit best with your issue, so perhaps the category "Payments" would be appropriate. If the subtopics that come up don't match, you should pick the closest one and use that. If you'd like to contact customer support another way, you can try Facebook, Twitter, or phone.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jshaw42
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, again, for your reply. I have finally been able to discover from where the charges came and have made a payment to cover them. However, I still have an issue about the site. It should not have been so difficult. I take issue with your suggestion of using facebook or twitter to correspond regarding my account. That has been proven to be a less than secure way to act. The suggestion to use the phone is a bit off since I was never able to determine where to find the number to call on the site.

I realize there are those who may have no problems with the site. I was one of those until this incident. However, I would suggest PayPal may make an effort to make it easier to navigate the site.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jshaw42,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm very sorry that it was difficult to navigate. If you do ever need the phone number, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, then Contact Customer Service, then Call us, then either log in to the the number and validation code, or click to call as a guest.

Regarding Twitter and Facebook, we would never want you to send any private information through those channels and we stick to general assistance via PMs and DMs, but we definitely respect your decision to avoid those platforms entirely and stick to email or phone.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.