I cant link the paypal extras mastercard

tbao7
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the replacement card after reporting the lost card. Then, I also activated the new card. However, it doesn't show up the new card on my paypal account. I tried to link the new card to my paypal account but it can't. How can I fix this issue?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you may have to go to the extra website and link it from there.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

. During the PayPal Prepaid Card activation process you will be asked if you have a PayPal Account. If you do have a PayPal Account, then you will be asked to provide the log-in information for the account. We will then use that log-in information to automatically link the PayPal Prepaid Card with your PayPal Account.

Login to Me Too

tbao7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for helping but I'm talking about a Paypal Master credit card, is it a prepaid card? I logged in the web: www.paypal-prepaid.com and tried to activate but it also doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

sorry,I gave you the prepaid MC debit card.

Your Extra MC is a credit card,I dont know why it does not link.did it link before?  

Login to Me Too

tbao7
Contributor
Contributor

yes, it did. but now I've just gotten the replacement card, it doesn't link anymore.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to call the number on the back of the card,may be they know.

or call PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

fawkes493
New Community Member

i'm having the same issues. i called "customer service" and they informed me that even though the card had been activated (and i won't even go into details about how ridiculous that process is) that i would not be able to link the paypal extra card to my account or use it for any website payments until 4 days after the card was activated. hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

1crbrown
Contributor
Contributor

Did it work after 4 days?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.