I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SMM40
New Community Member

It does not give me the option to generate a bar code on my PayPal Business account. When I click on add money it only gives me the choice to transfer money from a bank account. Can you not use PayPal Cash on a business account?

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

speednturn
Contributor
Contributor

It is now March 11th 2018 and have encountered this for the first time in Southern California Riverside area this morning. My last addition of money at my local CVS was in early February of this year so I'm not sure what the deal is now. Anybody try the "Chat with a moderator" feature? It says it happens every Wednesday from 1to 2PM PacificTime. I saw this when I clicked on the "community" selection of the header.

Login to Me Too

GreggH

Paypal discontinued this service over a year ago but they failed to remove the help pages regarding this. I eventually had this confirmed when I had the issue elevated. Sorry folks.

Login to Me Too

Smokedkill
New Community Member
I also have had this problem for a week. Just downloaded the PayPal app and seen that they finally added the feature and it's working. If I use the browser on my phone, it keeps telling me to refresh but it's working in the app. Hope this helps solve everyone's problem.
Login to Me Too

Cttwilliam
Contributor
Contributor

Nope - not even close - the Paypal app has had the feature for over a year, a few people are getting it to work while many many others are not it is not the app or the phone or the store it is Paypal. They claim to be working on it and have claimed that for over a year now. Must have some really inept programmers.

Login to Me Too

speednturn
Contributor
Contributor

Then why is the topic labeled as "solved" in big green letters at the top of the topic? Who has the authority to define this as solved when clearly it is not?

Login to Me Too

Cttwilliam
Contributor
Contributor

I have no idea, I certainly did not make it solved. Maybe some underpaid Paypal employee did.
I find it interesting that no one for Paypal even acknowledges this is being posted here.

It is in no way solved.

Login to Me Too

devnan

This problem is NOT solved!! I have been trying to add cash via the "Add money at a store" link for weeks. Still not working and I have continually gotten the same ERROR response. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can "cash" fund my account? I do not have my bank account or credit card linked to my PayPal account because I do not feel it is safe. (That's why I cash fund it). So frustrating!! I use it to purchase a lot on ebay and some other online shopping. If I cannot cash fund my PayPal account I may consider closing it. 😞

Login to Me Too

Cttwilliam
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email this morning where PayPal stated it is fixed. I have not tried it today. But I highly doubt it is fixed.

Login to Me Too

PEARSONPHOTO
Contributor
Contributor
Just checked. Still not fixed. Thank you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220223x
Contributor
Contributor

I think they should change the error message to "Oops, still no forthright management or competent tech support".  Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.