I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SMM40
New Community Member

It does not give me the option to generate a bar code on my PayPal Business account. When I click on add money it only gives me the choice to transfer money from a bank account. Can you not use PayPal Cash on a business account?

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

sclariat
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following from PayPal  after sending them my problem by email just a a few hours ago.

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Brittaney and I am happy to assist you. I definitely understand your frustrations with not being able to add money to your account.

The issue you are experiencing with the Add Money at a Store is something we are working on. We have submitted this issue over to our engineers, who are currently working to resolve this issue. We do not have a timeframe to provide at this time but we will have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

As of right now I recommend trying a different option to get money added to your account. We have the add money with a bank account or if you have a friend or a family member with a PayPal account, they could send you money from their account to yours. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Thank you for being the best part of PayPal and enjoy your day!

Don't forget, we're always around if you need us. Just click "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page to visit our improved Help Center. 

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.

Sincerely,
Brittaney
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal

Login to Me Too

Isaac98
Contributor
Contributor

I got a similar response via email. It fortunately looks like Planetary's suspicions that they're dumping the service may be wrong and it is just a bug in the system that they're working on.

Login to Me Too

Jjohndoe
Contributor
Contributor
I added money the other day at a rite aid, got a receipt, but no money ever got posted to my account. 72 hours later still no money. Im done with pp, got hacked last December, now this smh
Login to Me Too

booboobooboo
Contributor
Contributor

It's now been 11 days. There is no way this is a basic "update" although they claim it is. An "update" does not shut down a vital part of their servace for this long with no end in sight (they still cannot estimate when the "update" will be complete). So, maybe they found a huge gaping security flaw that requires completely rebuilding that system from the ground up, or,  they are getting rid of Green Dot as service provider, or they are eliminating this feature altogether. Whatever the cause, they are being purposefully deceptive about it. What is the alternative to paypal for online payment? Might be time to find an alternative.

Login to Me Too

sclariat
Contributor
Contributor

The people are always the ones to sufferer. I am tired of everyone running and interfering with our lives. Just like the government. I hope who ever caused this has their lives disrupted as much as ours from this.

Login to Me Too

booboobooboo
Contributor
Contributor

FYI, I found out this morning that the "Add money at store" feature works through the Paypal App which is available at google play and any app store like amazon etc. I used it this morning.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220223x
Contributor
Contributor

I tried the Android app and it appears to work although I just conducted a test and didn't actually carry through and deposit cash at my local Rite-Aid store.  I may do that today or tomorrow.

The support babble quoted above is almost verbatim the same thing I was told; just different enough that it's a bit more than a simple cut-and-paste reply (support staff at least have to paraphrase a script).  The goal is clearly one I've seen more times from more sources than I care to recall; say something soothing and polite without saying anything of substance.

From a technical perspective I find it interesting that the browser/website approach is consistently failing but the app is not.  If you watch the URLs you go through in your browser you never appear to actually leave PayPal; whether this implies the problem is on the PayPal end, the Green Dot end or the plug is being pulled I don't know.  I do know that this kind of problem breeds speculation and this, plus PayPal's lack of useful response, is not good for their reputation.  Do they care?

At this point if I had to guess (what choice do I have?) I'd say that either a) PayPal has tech support management staff who cannot properly orchestrate change or sensitive maintenance with appropriate backup/recovery plans in place should a feature like this disintegrate, or b) they wish to force customers to use only their mobile apps, perhaps eliminating Green Dot from the equation.

Login to Me Too

jhales72
Contributor
Contributor

Is the PayPay cash option down?  I have been trying all morning to get a bar code printed to add cash to my PayPal account and I keep getting an error message.  Tried both from a computer and my phone...no success.

Login to Me Too

rvm1946
New Community Member

when will this be fixed? trying for 3 days

Login to Me Too

Whowerton
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same problem and it’s still down.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.