I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SMM40
New Community Member

It does not give me the option to generate a bar code on my PayPal Business account. When I click on add money it only gives me the choice to transfer money from a bank account. Can you not use PayPal Cash on a business account?

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

tisiphone36
Contributor
Contributor
I’m experiencing the same problem and when I spoke to PayPal CS they had no clue when it would be fixed. This was after they misunderstood me and tried to say my barcode was expired Not very impressed with their comprehension skills.
Login to Me Too

PilotJeff
New Community Member

This is still down 10 days later. I also agree, the customer service comprehension skills are poor. Robotic repeating back to you even if incorrect, etc.

Login to Me Too

micheal7
Contributor
Contributor

why cant I use the paypal cash feature....every time I goto pick a retailer and to be able print a barcode I always get a  opps something happened

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

No way to know - you would need to contact customer service as they have the ability to look at your account info.

Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

It's been down for almost a week and a half and there's no sign or indication from anyone at Paypal it will be up and running again any time soon.  Most customer service reps online or on the phone are either clueless or evasive as to what's going on.  In the meantime, the Paypal Mobile app still works to add cash to your account at a store.  I posted a workaround to use this feature in another thread on this forum.  If you don't have a phone or the App doesn't work on your phone for some reason, you are out of luck.

Login to Me Too

SaleenDriver
Contributor
Contributor

For several weeks now I have tried to print out a bar code so I can go to my friendly neighborhood CVS and add money to my PP account.  Every time I try to access that page it comes back with the overly cute "Oops something went wrong" silliness.  I can't create a barcode with my desktop.

However, I can create the one-hour barcode with my iPhone.  So I've been able to do this adding, but on-screen barcodes are harder to read than paper, and one CVS was very reluctant to do it.

So, are you phasing out barcodes on paper?  Do you have a problem you'd like to address?  I'd like to hear what's going on.

Login to Me Too

mollie7
Contributor
Contributor

This is totally ridiculous. I also cannot get to the page to print out a barcode to add funds. Paypal is phasing every opportunity out to add funds physically.

Why aren't they answering  these concerns. I talked to a rep over 2 weeks ago on the phone, she SUPPOSEDLY put in a trouble ticket to search the problem and NOTHING. 

Login to Me Too

SaleenDriver
Contributor
Contributor

You were able to call someone?  Amazing.  Can I get that phone number from you?

Login to Me Too

mollie7
Contributor
Contributor

You can find the 800#  on your Paypal account when you click on the Contact Us tab. This is a real joke, they first take away the Load Cash Cards from the stores and now taking out the ability to personally add cash at a register.  Only way you can use it now is if you link another card to your account, which makes no sense to me at all. Good luck! If you find any answers, PLEASE let us know. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Scooby66
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm trying to generate a bar code via paypal cash to use at a store, but when i click on the link it keeps giving me an "Oops! Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again." message.  I can't even select the specific store chain to use the bar code on, I've had this problem for the past 6 hours and still no luck.  Anyone know if this is getting fixed within the next 24 hours?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.