I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SMM40
New Community Member

It does not give me the option to generate a bar code on my PayPal Business account. When I click on add money it only gives me the choice to transfer money from a bank account. Can you not use PayPal Cash on a business account?

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

P00RKN0W
New Community Member

I noticed that when I go to add cash at my local riteaid, i got a message saying something went wrong and to try reloading the page. Nothing has gotten it working, would this be an issue at paypal or greendot? was really hoping to add some cash today and do some shopping while i have the time.

Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

Coming up on a week and no clue given as to what the issue is or when or even if the problem with the "Add Cash" feature will be fixed.  If this is some ploy to force customers to link a bank account, in my case I'd rather close my PP account after 15 years.  No one at Paypal will give an honest answer what is going on.  Even a simple notification message that they are aware of the problem and working to fix it would go a long way.  I think it's really poor customer service and frankly shady business practice to keep customers in the dark as to what the problem is, when it's going to be resolved or if the option has simply been dropped. 

Login to Me Too

Hampton76
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem I need this fixed because this is how I pay my bills..
Login to Me Too

AsocialOptimist
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I just purchased a “My Vanilla Card” Because I needed to pay my phone bill and I refuse to link a card. I’m going to use that card from now on because money can be added at the register simply by swiping the card and giving the cashier your $. No fuss!
Login to Me Too

prjohn
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried for about a day and a half now to print out the barcode to add money to my account and get an error message on the add money screen and it tells me to reload the page and try again which I have done several times and nothing changes

Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

Numerous people have complained about this problem for the past 5 days and Paypal won't even publicly acknowledge there's a problem, much less what the time frame is to fix it or if they've even dropped the option altogether.

Login to Me Too

tkwildcat
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried numerous times today (3-2-18) and it continues to issue the "Oops Sorry...." Message Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

sclariat
Contributor
Contributor

For 3 days  "Add money at a Store" when I hit it says "Oops! Something when wrong. Please try again."

I have call PayPal without any help. Says tech dept will look into it. I didn't believe them. Couldn't hardly understand the person.

Told to try a different browser. That didn't work. 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Isaac98
Contributor
Contributor

It's frustrating. I'm still waiting for a response through Paypal's messaging system. Also found that someone sent @AskPayPal about it on Twitter and crickets. I did the same.

Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying for 5 days now to reload my account via the Add Cash feature.  There's no question Paypal is well aware of the problem but Customer Service and any sort of online Paypal "Help" is either clueless or willfully avoiding the truth about what the real issue is.  The fact that they haven't issued any kind of Notification or Messaged customers about this key issue nearly a week into the problem is unfortunately very telling that there is a deeper problem than simply a glitch in the software or some sort of update being done.

The way this is going down, it's very similar to how Paypal handled the abrupt switch away from the My Cash re-loadable cards to Green Dot less than a year ago leaving customers to figure out the change on their own.  Quite honestly, I would not be surprised that Paypal has severed ties with Green Dot, the company that was handling this service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.