I accidentally scratched off the PIN number on my cash card.

xvdw

I recently purchased a cash card at CVS and loaded it with cash. When I was scratching for the cover, the PIN number was scratched off as well. I have the card and the receipt for the purchase of the card. Does anyone have any solutions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are the second person I read this happen to. I was thinking to myself, why scratch off the number before loading money?  Now I know what deal is, cause there is a scratch off layer to reveal the PIN! Smiley Happy

Well, that is a good question.  You need that PIN to get in!  The other person tried calling customer service to no avail.  You can try your luck in getting in contact with them here: https://www.paypal-cash.com/faqs.html

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DKelly1322
New Community Member

I just recently had this happen to me as well. I purchased mine at Walgreens & when I scratched the code off, I called customer service on the My Cash card. They made a ticket number, told me what documents was needed (my ID, copy of the card front & back, & a copy of the receipt)  & told me it would take 3-5 days for me to get the pin. I was **bleep** !! I finally emailed the information to the address I was given 4 days later after my first call & after I calmed down. The next day, I called to see what the status of the ticket was. To my suprise they transfered me to another dept. & I provided the dollar amount & they gave me the pin since they had the documents that were requested. All in All, it only took 24hrs to get the pin. My first call was unpleasnt. Probably because I was upset? But the 2nd call was a very smooth transaction. A+++ to their Customer Service Dept. Maybe I got lucky, but if this happens to someone else I hope they have the same luck !!Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You may have a point about calling CS and not being upset because as I could imagine as I read posts here what the reps go through just by having to encounter problem after problem each and everyday.  It is emotionally draining just to get a pay check.  It's frustrating that there is a problem but it don't help get the solution any quicker if our blood vessels are about to burst.  Happy that you got your problem solved. Smiley Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

naggingdilemma
Contributor
Contributor

Would you mind passing on the number that you were given that resulted in a customer support ticket being issued. I'm currently fighting the same problem (I also purchased my card from Walgreens) and was told by Paypal that I should go back to the store to get a refund. Since I called the store first and was told to contact Paypal, I suspect this is a case of neither company wanting to handle it. Maybe if I call the same company, I can get the ball rolling on this particular situation. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.