How to see which PayPal Debit card was used

kflick
Contributor
Contributor

Hello -

With the changes to the PayPal website, and the elimination of the Classic Site view, I can no longer tell which debit card was used for a transaction, when viewing our activity.  Is there a way to see this information.  When I click on a transaction, I see no indication, at all, of which debit card was used.  This is important to us.  Thanks for any information.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How many PAYPAL debit cards do you have?

if paypal prepaid MC debit card,you can go to its website,if Paypal business debit card,you can click on debit card and see all the activities, thats the old way,never t ry the new way.

Login to Me Too

kflick
Contributor
Contributor

My wife and I each have one, tied to the same PayPal account.  These are PayPal Business debit cards.  When viewing activity, it no longer tells you which card was used for the transaction.  We used to be able to see which card it was, when viewing a transaction (by last four of the card number).

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most folks just have one Paypal business debit card and they dont share their Paypal account,so it could be Paypal based on this assumption,thinks there is no need to display the last 4 digits of the debit card.

but since it is just you and your wife,cant you tell from the amount and date  which debit card is used? 

OR one of you just have to have his/her own  Paypal account and new Paypal business debit card  

Login to Me Too

kflick
Contributor
Contributor
No. PayPal issues secondary cards upon request. It is important to know what card was used, in case one is lost or stolen. You then know exactly what transactions are needing to be refunded due to fraud. This is just one example. Another is a business that does many transactions and needs to account for who performed/authorized any single transaction.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you keep a sales ledger ,you can make a note who handles that transaction.

I have a sales ledger and I make note when it is shipped overseas,like UK,Canada,Italy

I also make note which venue I sold the item and how much it cost me to buy the item?

cant rely everything on Paypal or Ebay.

My sales ledger is the most important record for my business,not paypal,not ebay and not bank statement.

if I were to be audited,this is the first thing I handed over,rest are just back up to prove I have collected the sales proceeds,I paid for the merchandise I sold (that my merchandise did not come from heaven like manna,I work hard to find them and I paid dearly for them)  .  

Login to Me Too

kflick
Contributor
Contributor
I appreciate your input. However, I think you are missing the point. In the past, you could identify which card was used. Any bank I have ever dealt with indicates on your statement what card was used. I'm just expressing that I would like to see that feature returned. Or, if it is still present, I would like to know how to view that information.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

But PAYPAL is not a bank !

People tend to forget or not even realise that.

may be if you call out just the history of the debit card(s),you will see which card is used.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.