How is the payment allocation to promotional purchases determined?

jlouisalmeida
New Community Member

Hello,

I was wondering how the allocation of payment funds to different promotional purchases is determined?

Say I have 4 promotional purchases on my paypal credit account and also some non-promotional purchases. My minimum payment for the month is $100. I pay that minimum:

1. what equation is used to determine how much payment goes to each promotional purchase?

2. Is it a certain percentage of the purchase total and is it affected by how much time is left on the promotion?

3. If I pay over the minimum, does the overage go all toward non-promotional purchases first?

Thanks for any help!

J

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then down to the PayPal Credit Agreement.  Near the bottom (around item 11 or so, I think) is an explanation of how payments are applied.

If you need specific answers, then provide details from your PayPay Credit PDF statement so we can look at it.

Login to Me Too

esquire2021
New Community Member

This legal information, pretty much says that PayPal chooses what gets paid.  I see no way to pay off a specific promotional purchase with the exception to pay off the entire balance in full.  PayPal chooses how much of your payment goes to charges made on the account.

If there is a way to pay off a specific promotional purchase through a single direct payment please let me know how.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@esquire2021

I think I read where you can, but your MUST phone PayPal support for that.  There is NO way to do it from your account online.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.