How do i get rid of paypal credit???

Gilded
New Community Member

I accidentally clicked on pay pal credit when all i wanted to do was set up a checking so i could get funds this way. Now i can't get rid of this please help! I do not want this paypal credit only my debit card is what i want. It won't let me get rid of my account either because it says that i need to pay my balance? What balance? I don't owe anything nor do i want to since i didnt want the credit HELP! I have zero balance but it wont let me close my account to try to make a new one with out a credit please help

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Cigarsmoke,

I'm very sorry to hear that your account has PayPal Credit associated with it and you don't recall signing up for it. If there are transactions that have been billed to PayPal Credit without your knowledge, there is a likelihood of unauthorized access. It's very important to contact PayPal customer support to report the unauthorized activity and re-secure your account. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email. Please get in touch with support as soon as possible to prevent further unauthorized activity from happening.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mjp69
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal credit are a disgraceful under hand merchant and should be given a wide birth. They have effectively stolen money from me and charged me £72 interest, further more they won't even answer the phone to discuss this. I've been on the phone to them exactly 1 hour 25 mins! I purchased a phone last year from a company called Gearbest( Nov), the phone was faulty upon receipt and had to be returned, upon PayPal request. I funded the the tracked mail at a cost of £17, took photographic evidence in the post office and saved my proof of postage. The item arrived back in China on the 1st Jan 18 ( was clearly shown on Royal Mail tracking service). However I've spent countless hours on the phone, battling my case, uploading photographic evidence and proof of post, only to be told I've lost my case and also been charged £72 interest( the balance for the phone was paid back in Nov, so shouldn't have occurred any charges). I use the PayPal credit service a lot and always pay on time and don't accrue any interest- maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I'm disgusted - effectively PayPal have assisted in fraud and have allowed a phone company to totally rip me off. They've got their phone and their money. Avoid at all cost, I wouldn't recommend and I shall certainly will be taking the matter further - my friend is a business lawyer. How many more innocent people have you ripped off PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.