How do I request a Credit Limit Increase on my Pay Pal Extras Credit Card?

Brian1951
Contributor
Contributor

I did some research on this and found an answer that was dated in 2011 but it didn't work.  So is there a way to request a Credit Limit increase for the Pay Pal Extras Mastercard?

Thanks,

Brian

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MissDiana
Contributor
Contributor

I called customer service for an unrelated question, and while I had them on the phone, requested an increase.

I have had my Credit Card with them for 6 months.

The CS rep had me hold on for 10 seconds, and came back to tell me I had been approved for the amount I asked for.

I requested an increase of twice the amount I had originally.

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you try this?

Can I request an increase to my credit limit?
Yes. It is recommended you wait at least three months after you are approved for the card before you request a credit limit increase. To make a request, visit the Service Site and request a credit limit increase. If you are eligible, you will receive an immediate increase. You can get to the Service Site by logging in to your PayPal account, then clicking the "View Card Details" link in the PayPal Extras MasterCard section on the "Account Overview" page.

Login to Me Too

Brian1951
Contributor
Contributor

There is no option to request a credit limit increase in the Pay Pal Extras Credit Card Account Summary.  The Account Overview is for Pay Pal and not for the Credit Card. There are also no links to request a Credit Limit Increase under the Spending Power tab.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

OK, then give customer support a ring as these things do change.

Login to Me Too

dietcoke
New Community Member

@snowshoe wrote:

OK, then give customer support a ring as these things do change.

Login to Me Too

TerryBerry615
New Community Member

I noticed that as well for myself and thought it could be because I'm not eligible?

Since this post is about 2 months old, do you mind sharing your experience with customer service if you called?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
Solved

MissDiana
Contributor
Contributor

I called customer service for an unrelated question, and while I had them on the phone, requested an increase.

I have had my Credit Card with them for 6 months.

The CS rep had me hold on for 10 seconds, and came back to tell me I had been approved for the amount I asked for.

I requested an increase of twice the amount I had originally.

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

hth1907
Contributor
Contributor
They told me I had to make the purchase and that's the only way to increase. I'm not making a purchase unless I know for sure. It qualified for the 6 mos same as cash so I can pay it off easily and quickly. What can I do?
Login to Me Too

techboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hey hth1907

What are you talking about? What purchase did they say you have to make in order to receive a credit limit increase?

Login to Me Too

alyus
Contributor
Contributor

The only way you can increase your PayPal credit limit is by making a purchase that is over your credit limit or credit availability. For example, if you have $40.00 available in credit and purchase an items for $50.00 and are approved, your credit limit will be increased by $10.00. If you have a zero balance and have a thousand dollars available in credit and make a purchase for $2,000 and are approved, your credit limit will be increased to $2,000.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.