How do I request a Credit Limit Increase on my Pay Pal Extras Credit Card?

Brian1951
Contributor
Contributor

I did some research on this and found an answer that was dated in 2011 but it didn't work.  So is there a way to request a Credit Limit increase for the Pay Pal Extras Mastercard?

Thanks,

Brian

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

RP1949

Sadeek1
Contributor
Contributor

Im Abubakar <removed>

Login to Me Too

bessie120
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

Did you try this?

Can I request an increase to my credit limit?
Yes. It is recommended you wait at least three months after you are approved for the card before you request a credit limit increase. To make a request, visit the Service Site and request a credit limit increase. If you are eligible, you will receive an immediate increase. You can get to the Service Site by logging in to your PayPal account, then clicking the "View Card Details" link in the PayPal Extras MasterCard section on the "Account Ov

@snowshoe wrote:

Did you try this?

Can I request an increase to my credit limit?
Yes. It is recommended you wait at least three months after you are approved for the card before you request a credit limit increase. To make a request, visit the Service Site and request a credit limit increase. If you are eligible, you will receive an immediate increase. You can get to the Service Site by logging in to your PayPal account, then clicking the "View Card Details" link in the PayPal Extras MasterCard section on the "Account Overview" page.

erview
" page.

Login to Me Too

Mischdn

Okay, you guys are doing this all wrong. Just call: Paypal Credit <removed> its an automated system. She goes throught your account balance etc. Then will ask what can I do for you? Just say "credit increase" she will ask how much you need for the next purchase? (Not that you need to make one) My suggestion is start with an increase of double your currant balance upto $2500. She will ask your net income. Then give you answer. If approved you need to say yes or no. Now comes the gamble part. You can say no and start process over from saying "credit increase" I did this 3 times and got it up quite a bit. I got greedy and tried a 4th but she denied it. I tried going back to last accepted offer and was DENIED. So I believe 3 strikes and it locked it. I will try again tomorrow or in few days. This is my 3rd time getting increase this way. I try every 3 months. If denied wait another month. Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Mischdn

Have you actually used your credit increase?

Login to Me Too

Mischdn
Yes, I do. I've increased it above what I would feel comfortable spending now, but it helps keep my balance under 30% with the increases.
Login to Me Too

Arienrod
New Community Member

Note: ONLY works for mastercards, not the non-card bearing online credit line. You will be transferred to the PayPal customer service if you attempt to increase your online PayPal Credit limit this way, and they will tell you to attempt an overcharge.

Login to Me Too

lesthanzero

I just preordered the surface pro 4 and used my paypal.  My credit limit was $585 and I had $280 available.  The total charg for the surface was $978.  I was approved and given 6 months to pay it off.  So yes it its true, you must do the purchase to bring you over your credit limit for them to look into giving you a credit line increase.  I confirmed this with customer service.

Hope this helps.  Good luck all.

Login to Me Too

Rwest902
New Community Member
Just curious I am thinking of doing this samething but due to some recent hits on my credit house buying ect... my dcore has dropped did you have a good/fair score if you dont mind me asking? I was denied a new card with a fair score and am scared this will do the same. As I dont have 2k in the bank lol.
Login to Me Too

LordFex
FYI: Don't assume they will increase your credit. I've had PayPal credit for over a year (never missed a payment and have paid extra). I just made a purchase for $289+ over credit limit to see if I would get an increase to help with home remodel for baby's room. Denied! Plus, they don't use the extra to finish the purchase on your other types of funds. It's an, "all or nothing" I was told. So now I have to call to call the store and fix everything during business hours because it's a special order. I WAS so pleased with PayPal until this point. Unfortunately couldn't allow a $289 increase even though you are never late on payments and have established a good rapport (so you think!), you may get denied. Guess I'll rely on the ol' credit cards.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.