How do I request a Credit Limit Increase on my Pay Pal Extras Credit Card?

Brian1951
Contributor
Contributor

I did some research on this and found an answer that was dated in 2011 but it didn't work.  So is there a way to request a Credit Limit increase for the Pay Pal Extras Mastercard?

Thanks,

Brian

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

annamarialau7
Contributor
Contributor

If you go over ur credit limit does it affect your credit file, does it go in ur file as going over ur limit.

Login to Me Too

Lancerz
Contributor
Contributor
So if try to make a purchase for $250 and I only have $150 available and I don't get approved for an increase do they attempt to use one of my backup payment methods?
Login to Me Too

FirstRedemption
New Community Member

According to their website, yes it does auto use another payment method: 

"

Available credit

This is the amount you have left to spend.

Need a little extra? Good news. When you check out with PayPal Credit, if you don't have enough available credit to cover your purchase, your account is instantly reviewed to see if you qualify for an increase. And if it can't be done, we'll let you know why.

Either way, it won't affect your credit report and there are no fees or penalties for trying.

If you don't qualify for an increase, we'll use one of your other linked payment methods instead. For more information please read our user agreement."

Login to Me Too

Clueless292
Who is going to help
Login to Me Too

Kathyanthony79
New Community Member
I would like an credit increase I have paid the card off once in full I am doing my best to obtain the funds to decrease the credit that I have with purches I have made. Saying that I would like a little more credit on my credit card with PayPal the Master Card. By doing do will give me more freedom to still have purchase ability without going over the limit. And in doing so buying me more time to gather the funds together to pay more on the master card with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Dollystock19
Contributor
Contributor
How can I increase my credit limit with PayPal
Login to Me Too

shannonLeah71
Contributor
Contributor

"The only way you can increase your PayPal credit limit is by making a purchase that is over your credit limit or credit availability."

That is not true. It may be one way, but not the only way. 

I have never surpassed my credit limit with purchases. I have raised my limit by purchasing items with what credit they initially gave me and I am dilligent in paying balances off in timely fashion. I never spend more than I can pay off with in three months. I have never asked for credit limit increase, but see my limit increases when I sign on to pay bill. They seem to raise it according to the old fashioned way.... company gives person credit... person shows they will pay... company increases limit.

Login to Me Too

Mia_Meow
Contributor
Contributor

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT I HAVE HAD MY ACCOUNT FOR 2 YEARS AND I HAVE ASKED FOR INCREASES WHEN I MAKE PURCHASES ON EBAY ABOVE MY AVAILABLE CREDIT. ONCE IT GOES THROUGH NO IMPACT ON MY CREDIT SCORE THEY EITHER APPROVE ME OR DON'T. MY LIMIT IS INCREASE TO COVER THE AMOUNT REQUESTED. WHEN I PAY OFF MY PURCHASES BEFORE THE 6 MONTHS THEN THE AMOUNT REMAINS AT THAT LIMIT. I KNOW WHEN I AM DECLINED ITS BASED ON MY OTHER ACCOUNTS AND HOW MUCH I AM USING SO YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING APPROVED IS BASED ON YOUR OVERALL CREDIT USAGE. BUT I GUESS IF YOU PAY IT OFF IN FULL THEY ARE KNOWN TO GIVE AUTOMATIC INCREASES WITHOUT REQUESTS.

Login to Me Too

Jimdec1
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get an Increase on my Pay Pal line of credit?
Login to Me Too

Stonecold5858
I am going to call and see every time I do it on line it says not enough credit information I had this account for 6 monthes
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.