How do I get my money back from a vendor who sent the wrong product.

susanmfagan
New Community Member

I am having a huge problem with a vendor located in Isreal who sent me the wrong order and refuses to send a pre-paid shipping label for me to return them item they sent by mistake.

How can I get Pay Pal to go to bat for me to get my money back plus the prepaid return shipping.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if Ebay,then you have 30 days t o open a case of INAD,your seller in Israel cannot give you a shipping label from USA to Israel,but Ebay expects  him t o pay return shipping.

I have never try it,I guess you tell Ebay and Ebay socks it to his Ebay seller account.

but for Paypal INAD and if y ou win,you pay return shippig with tracking and get your original payment back,return is on your own for a  bad decision to buy from overseas seller.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi susanmfagan - 

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with this merchant. 😞 I really couldn't speak to things from an eBay perspective (but sumiko did a pretty good job there!), however on PayPal's end it is true that we would be unable to force a seller to send a return label at their own cost. In most cases, if you win a PayPal not-as-described case, we would have you send the item back at your own cost. This is as close as we can make it to the transaction never happening; both you and the seller are out shipping, but you get a refund, they get their item back.

That being said, we do currently have a return shipping program that may be able to help with some or all of the return shipping costs! You can read more about that here.

I hope that helps a bit! If there is anything else that we can assist with, don't hesitate to reach back out to the Community!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.