How can I pay off in full my 0% 4 Months Paypal Credit amount?

RSV_Ecosse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I made a purchase for £449 a couple of months ago using the 0% interest for 4 months facility on Paypal Credit. The 4 months period expires in OCtober and I'm now in the position where I'd like to pay the £449 off in full and clear the outstanding balance thus not encurring any interest charges.

I've searched all over the internet to see if there is anything which clearly states how this works but cannot see any info which relates to it. So for example, if I make a £400 payment at the moment using £100 that I have as Paypal balance and £300 from the bank account tied to my account, will that wipe £400 from the outstanding balance of the 0% interest offer, leaving £49 outstanding? 

My fear is that I pay £400 to my Paypal account and all it does is reduces my outstanding overall Paypal Credit balance by £400 and the £449 sat currently as interest free doesn't get touched and remains there. Or will that not happen?

Would really appreciate some guidance on this. Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ok, you provided partial inforrmation, what is the question?

Login to Me Too

RSV_Ecosse
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Ok, you provided partial inforrmation, what is the question?

Fairly simple, really. My question hasn't actually changed since Post #1 in this thread, ergo.....

@DPCreations wrote:

Payment details are on the back of each monthly statement; the information is there.

I posted a screenshot of the back of my monthly statement. I'd appreciate being pointed to where the payment details are on the back of the statement.

@DPCreations wrote:

There are very few public complaints about problems.

I'll be perfectly honest - I'm not 'complaining'  as such - all I'd like to do is obtain info on how to pay my promotional zero percent credit balance off completely before the promotional period next month is up so that I avoid paying interest, but we seem to have not clarified if this is even possible as yet. Smiley Sad 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RSV_Ecosse wrote:

Something has appeared to have gone wrong with the pictures I uploaded, I'll add them again:-

backofpdfhalf.JPG

backofpdf1.jpg

Appearently PP Credit UK like to hide their agreement terms where it explains payment allocation by having you log in first: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_GB

If reading the agreement don't help you sort it out, try getting in contact with customer service in UK to see if you can allocate payment.  Contact info Is here: 

image.png

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RSV_Ecosse
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, much appreciated. I am looking through those T&C's now.

The strange thing is despite what the 'Allocation of Payments' section says in relation to your monthly payments made being appliedas detailed below:-

(a) first, to the Promotional Purchase Offer Payment Amount due (starting with the monthly installment due on the Promotional -Purchase Offer Transaction with the soonest expiring Offer Period first , followed by the other Promotional Purchase Offer Transactions ordered in each case by the next expiring Offer Period) ;

.......I made a payment a few days ago of £49 just to see if it would be deducted from my promotional offer balance rather than my normal Paypal balance. It wasn't......it was deducted from my normal balance. Not sure why as the T&C allocation of payments contradict that happening.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I am as puzzled and gobsmacked about it as you are, hahaha. Smiley Happy

For real.

I mean, people's account balances are not properly updating.

PayPal My Cash card cain't load people's money.

PayPal Credit not showing up on people's accounts.

Can't add bank, cain't add card.

Can't use Pay After Delivery because it disappeared...the list goes on.

People locked out of their accounts...

I don't know what they got going on really.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

M12MKD

A. first, to any Promotional Purchase Offer Transaction Payment Amounts due; then to B. the Standard Balance; then to C. any Promotional Balance; then to D. any other balance shown on this statement.

In each category, payments will be allocated in order from the balance subject to the highest interest rate to the balance subject to the lowest interest rate. In the case of the Standard Balance, interest and charges will be paid in advance of Transactions. Where two Promotional Balance Transactions have the same interest rate, the soonest expiring will be repaid first.

As you this is clearly not the case, in order to clear the 0% 4 month offer you have to clear all the credit you have used......which defeats it's purpose and also is not what it says as above.

If it allocated the payments to the earliest expiring offer then the 4 month offer would be paid first.

I can't see how calling customer service would change that as it's clear in the T&C as above how they allocate payments.

Of course there probably is a misunderstanding of the wording that gets them out of this *cynical mode*

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.