Here- keeps telling me turn on location services

CFW-Ben
Contributor
Contributor
I've checked and double checked that location services are on and on for the app. When I launch it, it lets me log in or start logging in and then switches to a screen that tells me to enable location services? Dozens of times in a row but I've used it with same portable wifi hotspot box from Verizon... Anyone have a clue what could cause this?
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

mrbarista
New Community Member

i am having the same problem, did you get an answer.

I have tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app

@CFW-Ben wrote:
I've checked and double checked that location services are on and on for the app. When I launch it, it lets me log in or start logging in and then switches to a screen that tells me to enable location services? Dozens of times in a row but I've used it with same portable wifi hotspot box from Verizon... Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

Login to Me Too

Dawnofretro
New Community Member
For whatever reason the location problem went away for me for a few months and then boom...happened to me today with a long line of customers. What's frustrating is that it is clear that this is a problem for many yet nothing has been done to fix it. I am going back to Square. Thankfully I had it all set up and wound up using that today.
Login to Me Too

coachericka
New Community Member

I have been having this problem repeatedly for a couple of weeks. I just happened to try turning off my wifi and it worked! I was having to do it over and over again with no results. But it worked the first time after turning off my wifi in the settings or homepage shortcut. I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

MichaelCraig
Contributor
Contributor

We're having the same problem.  Everytime I move from one trade show location to another the login screen PayPal Here app keeps telling me turn on location services.  The only way I have been able to get it to work is to uninstall the program and reinstall from the the Google Store.  When doing so the system wants access to my location and of course I give it.  At this point we can log in just fine and it works all weekend.  Once we are at a new show and location the process of reinstallling must start again. We are using a LG GPad 8.3 Verizon tablet.  I would imagine that there a better way to use PayPal Here??

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't had a problem with locations being automatically detected with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and PayPal Here.

Login to Me Too

vaproexpressx2
New Community Member

uninstall the application turn your location settings on your phone reinstall app . mine works fine now 

Login to Me Too

vaproexpressx2
New Community Member
Thank you mine works perfect now thank you
Login to Me Too

nigelDCC
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem but in my case I switched on Wifi - it worked - and then switched it off - it still worked using the Vodafone network.  At least I have a solution at home.  Whether it works "in the field" is another matter.

Login to Me Too

NaeDragon

[Can't remove this comment... See next one below!]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.