Here- keeps telling me turn on location services

CFW-Ben
Contributor
Contributor
I've checked and double checked that location services are on and on for the app. When I launch it, it lets me log in or start logging in and then switches to a screen that tells me to enable location services? Dozens of times in a row but I've used it with same portable wifi hotspot box from Verizon... Anyone have a clue what could cause this?
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

NaeDragon

YES - thank you!! Found your suggestion and tried it and it worked! Thank goodness! Thanks for posting your solution

(In response to coachericka. "Solution": turn off the wifi)

@coachericka wrote:

I have been having this problem repeatedly for a couple of weeks. I just happened to try turning off my wifi and it worked! I was having to do it over and over again with no results. But it worked the first time after turning off my wifi in the settings or homepage shortcut. I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

ck3
New Community Member
The really stuoid and annoying thing about this bug and yes i have it too.... is that they **bleep** well dont need my location. its not like providimg it helps with security since it works regardless os where you are even with them turned on. its just mindless coding on their teams behalf and another apparently frequent needless point of failure. And that is even completely ignoring the big brother conspiracies on data collection, privacy and none of theor **bleep** business if im at a gun show or a **bleep** toy store or my grandmothers church fund raiser flea market. all made up examples of **bleep** this feature, its broken and useless and dangerous to boot.
Login to Me Too

KanKarate
Contributor
Contributor

Any answer to this yet?  I am using a Samsung.

Login to Me Too

kisxena
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL! Why haven't you answered the **bleep** question in 3 years! Obviously, there is an issue and we need it resolved!

Login to Me Too

jeeja10858
New Community Member

Is this issue ever going to be resolved.Hit and miss each time you log on.I have tried for hours and can not replicate .go into change settings and check locotation ON as required.Once in a while it works.PRETTY POOR PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

Thesandwichman
New Community Member

I have had the same problem on an android phone. The solution appears to be to enable flight mode for 30 seconds then switch it off again. Hey presto, all seems to be working again. Time will tell if this is an on-going solution, but hopefully will be. Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

kevinarts
On an Android device go to apps PayPal here Storage Clear cache Make sure app is not running shut it down close it in the background restart it with location services on and you should be golden if that doesn't work do the same steps as above and force stop and that should work at least it did for me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.