HELP! not as easy as they claim...dispute help needed plzzzzzz

angiemc99
Contributor
Contributor

c

Help?? I opened a dis$100ute on an item, a pair of vintage jeans I bought for $100; and as soon as I got them and tried them on they ripped. I immediate contacted the seller outside of paypal explaining they had ripped, in an inappropriate place on the butt area too, and her response was to "go get them fixed at a tailor". I didn't think about it again I couldn't wear them with the rip being wbere it was I was angry I just spent a lot of money on a product that broke immediately upon arrival. All I could do was try them on with outfits, etc, each time ripping a little bit more. However, today, they ripped all the way across my butt area to the crotch area and when that occurred, fabric tape and patches became visible to me; evidence that these jeans had been patched and taped in the EXACT area where the rip occurred. The seller washes and dries, which she claims, before shipping. There is no way this fabric tape and patching would withstand a wash and dry. She refuses to take them back after clearly knowingly selling me patched up (which she denies doing herself however I do not believe her as she has access to such supplies being is design school), claiming that I'm the "crazy" one and ripped them myself. I'm beside myself and just want my money back. its a lot of money that I cannot afford to just pay more to have them fixed. I have pic, but I don't know how to add them and paypal says I can change the reason for the dispute which I waqnt to do, but they say theres a "change reason for dispute" button, but there isn't any anywhere for me. not on my phone nor laptop. please tell me how do I change the reason for dispute and how do I add pictures? thanks so much
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angiemc99

You can file a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

So what did you open a dispute for?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

angiemc99
Contributor
Contributor
When I opened the dispute via my phone, the only option that we closest was "unauthorized transaction ". I didn't have the option to Pick "item not as described ". So when I saw u could choose that, I tried asking and messaging PayPal however the instructions they gave were not applicable. They were telling me to click on things that weren't there Not on my phone nor my laptop. Even tho they said it was "easy" To change the reason, the instructions I could not Follow because the "change reason for dispute" never appeared in order to click on it. It was very urgent and now I'm frustrated that it's unnecessary. I messaged PayPal so many times explaining this yet nobody replied in time. Now, because I couldn't follow the instructions and change the reason, I was denied. Unbelievable and completely unprofessional on paypals part. I'm incredibly angry. Thanks tho for messaging.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angiemc99

An unauthorised dispute means that your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent, if that did not happen then the dispute would be closed.

You can change a dispute ONLY from item not received to item received but not as described.

If you had selected the correct option then you would have been refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When the situation is urgent the ONLY option is a phone call.  Messages were take days.

Incorrect dispute choices can be costly.

What app or browser were you using on you phone?

Login to Me Too

angiemc99
Contributor
Contributor
I did not know that. Thank you. I'm using an iPhone with safari and my laptop is Dell with Microsoft. Thanks for replying Angie
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angiemc99

Sometimes phones don't show all the options.

Your best bet was to have used your puter or laptop  Smiley Sad

All I can suggest is phoning customer services and explaining and see if they will consider reopening the dispute as a goodwill gesture?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.