Green Dot MoneyPak Issues

missyc
Contributor
Contributor

This is becoming a major issue.  Today I bought a Green Dot MoneyPak card and to add money to my paypal acct.,  All the steps go through with no problem until the last step where it verifies and gives tells you its loaded.  This is not the first time its happened and I'm tired of it.  I call Green Dot MoneyPak and they're not open which is ridiculous to have no way to talk to someone and emailed them...still waiting!   Called Paypal and they say theres no issue on their end.....

Anyone else having this issue???

Any tips for fixing the problem???

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Toml01
Contributor
Contributor

I too just had this error. It's been a long time since I've logged into my Paypal account. When I used to use it they never had MoneyPak and transferring money directly from my bank account to PayPal was instant.

Things have changed, my have they changed. Now they get you to use MoneyPak if you want instant transfers. So I fell for it since I needed to transfer money now. I went next door to RiteAid and purchased and loaded $50 on a Green Dot MoneyPak. I tried to transfer, but then it said I needed to wait 10 minutes and they knew it was from RiteAid.

I waited the 10 minutes and proceeded with the instructions. After entering my SS# info and pressing the Fund Account button there was some cryptic error. Now it says to try again in an hour. Now they have all my info and my SS#, and I have nothing. What are they going to do with this information now?

Thanks MoneyPak, great first impression. I tell you what, after I deal with what I'm doing right now, I'll never use MoneyPak again.

EDIT: Called MP support, nothing they can do. Said they're having an issue and to call PayPal support. Called PP support and they called MP on the same line and I talked with MP again and they said they're having technical difficulties and they know about it and to keep trying the transfer every 15 minutes. 😞

Login to Me Too

Toml01
Contributor
Contributor

So now it's been 2 days, and I still get the same error. MoneyPak is useless, and Paypal is useless.

Why are they both still is business? How is Paypal still doing business is no one can instantly transfer money into their account?

I know how MoneyPak is still in business. They have a portion of my $4.95 and they havn't provided me any service. A little portion of money from X amount of people, and they got bank. Plus they also still have my $50 and making interest on that. So now I gotta wait X amount of days until I get my refund. 😞

So much for transferring money to my brother who needed it to pay his electricity bill. Thanks MoneyPak.. [middle finger]

Login to Me Too

missyc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still dealing with this issue also.  However when I PP they blame MP and when I called MP they checked everything and tried loading the funds to my other card [RushCard] and it went through without any problems which means its PP with the glitch.  I perfer using PP and wish someone would fix, help and address the problem instead of playing dumb or pointing the finger elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Toml01
Contributor
Contributor

Here it is, 72 days later and I tried the MoneyPak transfer again into PayPal, and it STILL ERRORS OUT!

WTF!?

Login to Me Too

janessa
Contributor
Contributor
I have a Walmart money card and I can't use it in PayPal anymore .. having the same issue.
Login to Me Too

pamash
New Community Member

I have set up paypal account with walmart money card. Why doesn't this work?

Login to Me Too

Toml01
Contributor
Contributor

I finally just selected the refund after trying to fund my Paypal account for almost 3 months.

I know if I call tech supports they'll be dumbfounded again and the only sound that will come out their mouths is "duhhhhh".

I'll NEVER use this service again. I'm NOT happy with Paypal either, they're next to go.

Login to Me Too

marcusmarcus
New Community Member

Just FYI... The Green Dot Money Pak is a ripoff and it needs to be shut down.  They took $300 of my money and the card did not work.  There is no way I can find to speak to an actual person.  Do not use these people.  I am interested in joining a class action suit against them.  They did not not disclose that I needed to provide my SS number to use the card and they do not provide a chance to try again after a few attempts with what apparently was a wrong ss number.  Then they do not respond to requests for help (I waited 3 days after sending them a request for help/question email).  They now have $300 of my money and I have no way of getting it back!  Anyone know of teh bast way to lodge a complaint with some the appropriate government agancy, please let me know.

Login to Me Too

Cacossa
New Community Member

This service should not be allowed to sold to consumers. I just purchased a card as well and after almost an hour of them "verifying" (they were instantly able to tell me I purchased the card from 7/11 and that it would take 20 minutes for me to be able to use it) my information I decided to read reviews and complaints. After further investigation, I realized I made a major mistake. I read hundreds of complaints about the service, which, varied from fraud to the service stealing the service fee of 5.95 which does not get refunded. I did file for a refund on their site which told me it takes 7-10 days to refund and a check would be sent out in the mail.

This is VERY SCARY considering that I provided this company my SS# and other private information. marcusmarcus and others, I am up to complaining to any appropriate agency to stop this company to continue business. Let me know what you guys think...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.