Error on S8 when trying to add PayPal account to Android Pay..

MichaelTurbo
New Community Member
Greetings, Paypal compatriots, When trying to link PayPal unto Android Pay, I yield ad nauseum the following error response: "Sorry, we can't add your PayPal account to Android Pay at this time." With no corresponding error association code detailing the nature of whatever conflict is of root the rejection. My PayPal account is in good standing. No disputes, fraud, etc. Positive balance, assigned to assorted debit & credit cards, and associated with applications of repute, such as Lyft and eBay. Android Pay, in likewise manner, operates in the absence of trouble; similar to PayPal, it's NFC based counterpart is linked to an assortment of debit & credit cards that are legitimate, in good standing and operational without any interference. My account history and status is sublime. I can and do use these services with both regularity and success; hence why I find the unnamed & arbitrary prohibition of the platform marriage flummoxing and frustrating. If anyone has faced a similar conflict, please, key me in, I beg you. Sweeping the algorithmic efficacy that is Google's search archive, I've found not a single case emulating mine; in the rotund communication era of civilization, an epoch barely old enough to purchase cigarettes, such a troubleshooting inquiry being exclusive.. y'all, it's a unicorn. If I'm not alone, kindly speak up. Thanks,
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Topher612
I'm having the exact same problem on my Galaxy S8+. This morning I opened Android Pay, and suddenly my PayPal account is no longer linked; whether I try to add it from Android Pay or the PayPal app, I get the same error you're getting. As of Tuesday night, PayPal was still my default payment method in Android Pay. Somewhere between then and today it's like someone went in and disconnected the two, though how or why I can't fathom. Neither PayPal nor Google support pages has anything even remotely close to my issue apart from your help topic. I'd love an answer here, I use Android Pay for everything.
Login to Me Too

dantechhom
New Community Member

the solution to your linking problems is actually quite common. ive ran across that same **bleep** message every time ive tried to link one of my accounts to android pay.  simply remove all of your associated bank accounts and credit or debit cards then start the linking process. for whatever reason when you remove all of your associated funding methods it lets you link the 2. once it gets past the discover card loading screen youll be prompted to enter a debit card number.  once you do youre all set.

hope this helps

Login to Me Too

xXJoewyXx
Contributor
Contributor
Tried this. It doesn't work
Login to Me Too

Popsaload
New Community Member
This solution works for me
Login to Me Too

svande274

@dantechhomwrote:

the solution to your linking problems is actually quite common. ive ran across that same **bleep** message every time ive tried to link one of my accounts to android pay.  simply remove all of your associated bank accounts and credit or debit cards then start the linking process. for whatever reason when you remove all of your associated funding methods it lets you link the 2. once it gets past the discover card loading screen youll be prompted to enter a debit card number.  once you do youre all set.

hope this helps

This worked for me too, but you need to make sure you remove all your cards from both Android Pay AND PayPal. Removing all the cards in just one will not get it to work. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

DiBiDi05
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I called PayPal support and was added to the "list of users that reported the same issue". I was informed that I'll receive an email once the issue is resolved. I guess we'll be playing the waiting game for now.
Login to Me Too

Exes
New Community Member

I really hope this issue is fixed..........

Login to Me Too

xXJoewyXx
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this same issue on a T-Mobile LG V20.
Login to Me Too

asabonna
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue, but on my note 8. 😏 I'm going to try the removing my card, but I just set it up on my note 5 a week or so ago and it worked with no problem. So I do not understand why it's doing it now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.