Error Code 202

hkuspc45
Contributor
Contributor

Tried explorer, chrome, foxfire still can't get error code. Called number w8th no resolution.  Wtf.

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

Rockfordhill
Contributor
Contributor
Code 202 is a Hold from the card issuer. Sounds like PayPal is having some problems, this just happened to me.
Login to Me Too

Sl2
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this issue as well. Really wish there was an actual live person at that mycash number
Login to Me Too

Singh7887
New Community Member

press 0 then # every time it asks for the 10 digit code. after three times it'll say press one to talk to someone

Login to Me Too

detria
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue...I spoke with someone at my cash after 40 mins of being on hold & they said it's an error code for paypal. So I called PayPal back & they said try again in 2-3 hrs. Wish there was a different way to get the $
Login to Me Too

Corindia
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a card myself today at a CVS and I'm also getting this same error code. I called the CVS I bought the card at and they said to give it some more time and that maybe for some reason it was taking longer than usual to process. I'm giving until tomorrow (24 hours from when I purchased it) before I go back to the store and figure something out with the management.

I have called the stupid paypal number which gives you no real person to talk to just an automated voice that doesn't give you nearly enough options or the options you need. The voice said that my card was activated but I had not put the money onto an account yet and then proceeded to tell me to go to www.paypal.com/cash to load my funds. Well that doesn't work and the stupid url actually changes to www.paypal-cash.com. I'm wondering if the different url is part of the problem with the cards not working? And who can actually tell us WHAT this error code 202 actually means? That would be helpful.

If I can't get this to work in any form by tomorrow then I'm likely going to quit using PayPal. This isn't the first time I've had a major problem like this and I'm getting tired of it myself.

Slothhy, if you haven't done it yet contact your store you bought the card from and tell them you are coming in either tonight or tomorrow. They MIGHT be nice enough to transfer the money from this card to a different card for you. That is what my store will be doing for me tomorrow if this is still a problem by tomorrow afternoon. They told me to give it 24 hours because sometimes the cards take longer for some unknown reason. (Personally I just hope I don't have a card that someone has scammed.) 😕

Login to Me Too

missbnana
Contributor
Contributor
I tried. It's URLs, they seem to point to the same DNS, so that's not it. It is a PayPal issue it happened to me a few years ago.
Login to Me Too

gporg123

ty for the great info i've been getting the error and the link you give seems to be working so everytime i load cash i refer to your link and it works thank you so much

Login to Me Too

missbnana
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue today I called a little after noon mountain time (about 5 hours ago now) and was on hold about 15 minutes. I was told they just became aware of the problem, so they had no projected timeframe for a fix. I remember the same thing happening a few years ago, but it was fixed within a few hours. I called back about an hour ago and was on hold 25 minutes before I had to hang up. This has ruined a lot of my plans today!!
Login to Me Too

Nyles
Contributor
Contributor
I waited on hold for 54 minutes before getting to talk to a real person. I was told it was a system wide error and to try again in 4-6 hours, that was 5 hours ago and still no luck.
Login to Me Too

flippinsticksss
Contributor
Contributor

Tip to reach a live rep:

dial 855-721-5035

for english press 1

if the IVR will ask u for your card number just press "#" (three times)

then press 1 at the last prompt.

wait for 15 minutes because they are receiving heavy call volume because of the system issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.