Email Scam? - From bbenkshop

NotUrFrenemy
New Community Member

Has anyone else received a scam email from bbenkshop saying that you purchased something from them? I logged into my account NOT BY CLICKING ON THEIR LINK. There was no charge on my account, but the email said that it might show up later. Paypal only says that I can contact them about existing transactions, but I wanted to warn them about this.

Has anyone else exxperienced this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What else was in the email?

What were the instructions for the linik?

You can forward to spoof @ PayPal.com

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What else was in the email?

What were the instructions for the linik?

You can forward to spoof @ PayPal.com

Login to Me Too

NotUrFrenemy
New Community Member

They included a product name for over $900 and a shipping address that is for someone I don't know. They also included a link to paypal that I did not click on but when I hover over it says it is going to a site called suspicios-activity04.

Thank you for the spoof email address. that is very helpful.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Fortunately you know how to hoover over a link to see that it is dangerous.

Login to Me Too

Wdunn
New Community Member

I also recived the same notification saying I had purchased something from bbenkshop for $940.00

I knew as soon as I read that,it must be a scam.  I just closed up the email and checked on my PayPal account the way I normally do.Of course, there was no charges. So I just reported itto paypal.  Just a note: I have recived fraudulent emails from just about every bank in Canda over the last 2months. 5 from BMO, 3 from CIBC 6 from Scotiabank, and many others claiming to be from one crdit union or another.  Dont follow any links please!

Login to Me Too

BarfyP
New Community Member

I just got the same email--it is very realistic looking but I logged into my account separately and found this.  Do not open it.  It is a scam--no way do I have $900+ in my account!  Got a similar one from Ebay which also was a scam, can't remember the name but it was just as realistic looking.  Bad people out there!!!

Login to Me Too

DebbieBeck
New Community Member

Yes, that scam just showed up in my spam folder.  I too checked my Paypal NOT from their link, and there is not charge.  Good thing, it was $962!!

Login to Me Too

Michelemay1
New Community Member

I received 2 of these emails this morning and it was for a metal detector for over $900.  I was an idiot and clicked on their link that takes you to "paypal".  I called paypal right away after realizing what I'd done and they send me a code to reset my password.  I also went into by eBay account and changed that password as well just in case.  So, if you click on that link, you need to change your password right away.  Fingers crossed I was fast enough and they weren't able to use my account.

Login to Me Too

Valleygoats
Contributor
Contributor

Received 2 emails, receipts of purchase. Viewed account no activity. Forwarded to spoof. Find these buggars, nearly had heart failure thinking someone got my account info.

Login to Me Too

traxsters1
New Community Member

I received one from a company called Element today.  I have had quite a few over the last three months.  I don't know if Paypal can do anything about this, but it is starting to worry me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.