Ebay shipping label payments not coming out of paypal balance

rlallenc
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay shipping label payments not coming out of paypal balance....ebay shipping labels are being paid for with backup account rather then paypal balance.    Is anyone else experiencing this?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

dgressette
Contributor
Contributor

I am relieved to see that this is known problem & not something I'm doing wrong.... but I am beyond **bleep**!!! I just sold a lot  on ebay & used my Paypal balance to pay for the UPS labels (so I thought). Once I saw those shipping charges appear in Paypal, I tansferred my Paypal balance to my bank account & paid a lot of bills & paid off other things. Well... just like all of you, those shipping charges instead came through my bank account, EVERYTHING has bounced. One bill that would have been competely paid off has also bounced so I now owe deferred interest of $1000 (that I could have avoided) because it's missed the deadline... all  because Paypal went through my bank account instead. I also have multiple overdraft charges.... it's a complete mess!!! This debaucle will end up costing me an extra $1250 when it's all said & done. 

Login to Me Too

NinaBeez
New Community Member

Having the same issue with Ebay shipping labels coming from the BACKUP payment source (randomly) instead of the paypal balance. This has happened with four particular transactions, which they've attempted TWICE EACH to withdraw from my bank account, resulting in NSF fees each time to the current total of $178.30!!! I will continue to insist that Paypal reimburse these fees due to their error. Window of time from 4/4-4/7.

Login to Me Too

msurva
Contributor
Contributor

I'm actually happy. I've been trying for years to pay for labels via credit card. Now it's happening accidently instead of needing to emtpy my account every day right before i submit payment for labels. 

Login to Me Too

buzzbarnes
Contributor
Contributor

My gosh!!!  I have had this problem with the shipping labels and charges for over a week now.  They are supposed to come out of my Paypal funds but instead are being charged direct to my backup fund which is my bank.  I have called Paypal twice, Ebay this morning out of desperation and went to my bank last Friday and spent 2 hours with a personal banker to try and straighten things out.  Bottom line ... its still not resolved and I am chasing my tail!  I had 7 shipments due to go out but I didn't want to have them charged to my bank account and get 7 more overdaft fees of $35.00 each!  So, this morning I hand printed the labels for the shipments and will be going to stand in line at the post office to get these out to my customers.  Now that doesn't seem like too bad of an idea but I called eBay to be sure I was covered.  They said as long as I went back into the listing and typed in each of the tracking numbers, it would be covered.  THEN I asked about the small percentage discount we get on postage since I have to purchase it direct from the post office.  I was told that isn't eBay's problem, its Paypal's problem. 

Does someone out there know of how to get around all this foolishness??  I am a retired senior citizen with a very limited income.  This is my padding to keep my head above water and nobody seems to care!  Please, if you know anything about this situation and how to resolve it, I would truly appreciate a heads up.

Thanks so much everyone and sorry I ranted on like this ... its just so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

seller2
Contributor
Contributor

It would be interesting to find out if it was different banks or just Wells Fargo? I have $175.00 in overdrafts that, on my first call, I was promised a refund but after that, Gordon, told me there will be no refunds and there was nobody else I could talk to and no record of that statement (I know it's recorded). I'm not sure is Gordon is new at this, or a seasoned professional they placed to take calls to diacourage the seakers of a justified refund? The "bug" itself has been fixed, they claim. I removed my bank and CC from PayPal to be sure and would recommend everyone do that. I put my trust in PayPal and at this point it feels like a dagger to the back!

Login to Me Too

seller2
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted Paypal again and spoke to Janie at the Philippines office and she was excellent, thank you again Janie. I have received my reimbursement for my overdraft fees. Customer support can be a tough gig, and most often when an agent can not properly handle an issue on the phone while truly representing the company they work for, more training is needed, holding management positions in the past, I know the importance of training. It is also important to know when an employee is more of a liability and not trainable material, I feel this is the case with Gordon, the PayPal Representative I spoke to the prior day. A detrimental experience to say the least. A long time PayPal user regaining some trust.

Login to Me Too

BlueAzalea
Contributor
Contributor

Just noticed 3 recent shipping lables came out of bank AND PayPal balance.  I don't see where the money was transfered into Paypal balance, so looks like I paid for each lable twice.  Too early to call customer service.  Will call later and update if I get any different info to share.  Hoping they can get this fixed soon.  I empathize with the people paying fees.  Even if they re-imburse, it is a paperwork nightmare.

Login to Me Too

BlueAzalea
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  I called Tuesday April 18 and was on hold for 30 minutes.  Got a very calm rep named Danny and he had a fix for the bug and walked me through it, it was quite easy with a rep on the phone.  He was also able to show me that I was not charged twice as I thought.  There is a details view on the account activity page that reads more like a ledger.  Then I could follow that money came from my bank into PayPal then out again to pay for the shipping label.

the fix:  while logged into your PayPal account, go to settings ( gear wheel icon) and manage your agreements.  For me the problem was with eBay shipping, so he had me cancel that agreement.  Hypothetically, next time I need to print a shipping label from eBay, I will need to agree to reset the payment agreement and the programmers have fixed the bug.  I will be watching closely to be sure this is true.

hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

dgressette
Contributor
Contributor

But once you "cancel" that agreement, how to you link back again?

I canceled that agreement & now, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get eBay Shipping in my "preapproved agreements" in Paypal again. 

Login to Me Too

BlueAzalea
Contributor
Contributor

@dgressette wrote:

But once you "cancel" that agreement, how to you link back again?

I canceled that agreement & now, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get eBay Shipping in my "preapproved agreements" in Paypal again. 

Hypothetically, next time you need to print an eBay label, you will be prompted to agree.  I have not done that as I am not selling right now.  I'm just busy with work.  It would be great if anyone has feedback on resetting the agreement.  Please post the details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.