Ebay shipping label payments not coming out of paypal balance

rlallenc
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay shipping label payments not coming out of paypal balance....ebay shipping labels are being paid for with backup account rather then paypal balance.    Is anyone else experiencing this?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

templarmedia
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am experiencing this problem as well.

I called PayPal customer service.  They told me it is a known issue, it is definitely a PayPal bug and not an eBay problem.  Payments made using PayPal are not coming out of the PayPal balance but are going directly to the backup funding source.  I am not sure if this is ALL payments or just eBay ones.  I think it will apply to eBay fees as well as shipping labels.

They added my account to their ticket of affected accounts.  I suggested you call them and do the same, so you have on record that your account has been affected.

They said they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it, but it is not fixed yet and it will continue for the forseeable future.  They do not have any estimated date for a fix.  It has happened to me for the last 2 days now.

According to the customer service rep I spoke with, PayPal is NOT announcing this problem to their users, and they will NOT send any notification once it is fixed.  The only thing she suggested is that I call them again to check if it is fixed.  Apparently the problem is widespread, affecting many users, but it seems that they do not want the problem to become public knowledge.

They also said that if I have any overdraft fees from my checking account due to the unexpected withdrawals from my account, I will be able to submit a claim with documentation (a bank statement showing the overdraft fees caused by PayPal withdrawals is sufficient) and they will refund the overdraft fees.

I hope this information is useful to other users experiencing this problem.

Login to Me Too

DaveA716
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.  It's not just eBay.  Other charges are all going to my backup source instead of using my Paypal balance.  It's been happening for about two days.

Login to Me Too

Evolutionsend

This is ridiculous. I now have 6 shipping charges coming out of my bank account that will be charged $30 overdraft fee each!!  NONE of this being my fault. I keep a minimal amount of money in my bank account and the rest of it I keep in Paypal. Nobody wants to take blame for the problem. Not sure what they plan to do to make up for it?  NOT a happy seller ATM.

Debit purchases, regular eBay purchaes and a refund to a buyer all seems to be working just fine. Something needs to be done ASAP!

Login to Me Too

templarmedia
Contributor
Contributor

Be sure to submit those overdraft charges to PayPal for reimbursement!  My guess is they will fix it faster once they figure out it is costing them money.

Login to Me Too

seller2
Contributor
Contributor

Have you got a contact name at PayPal? I spoke to them today and they said they will not be making refunds. I have $175.00 in overdraft fees. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Carolinaco
Contributor
Contributor
So, are we supposed to delete the account that eBay/PayPal is charging? I can't have but three withdrawal s a month and I'm having them daily because of shipping charges being deducted from my bank acct instead of PayPal
Login to Me Too

BlueAzalea
Contributor
Contributor

@Carolinaco wrote:
So, are we supposed to delete the account that eBay/PayPal is charging? I can't have but three withdrawal s a month and I'm having them daily because of shipping charges being deducted from my bank acct instead of PayPal

I recommend calling customer service so an agent can put a note on your account and walk you through the specifics.  The fix was not deleting an account.  It was managing an agreement with ebayshipping.  Essentially canceling an agreement.  My understanding is the programmers have fixed the bug, but users need to cancel the agreement, then agree again next time you need to print a label.  I wish they would post instructions so not everyone has to call.

please don't hold me to these instructions, they might have changed and I'm not a tech support person, 

go to a settings icon, looks like a gear wheel

Find a tab that says "manage agreement" or something similar

you should see a list of all the vendors you have authorized to use PayPal ( I had several eBay related and Netflix)

next to each vendor there are two buttons

find eBay shipping and select the button that cancels the agreement

hypothetically, next time I need to print a shipping label, I will be asked by PayPal to agree to eBay shipping terms.  Has anyone gone this far please chime in?

Login to Me Too

stenbakd
New Community Member

I am having the same issue as well.  So far, I have been lucky enough to have enough in my backup to cover.  I hope this gets fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

jmcclusky
New Community Member

Spent two hours on the phone tonight with PayPal about them pulling funds from my bank account instead of my PayPal account to pay for label fees and talked to more rude customer service people than one should have to talk to in a lifetime!

They basically told me it has been going on for three days and they will NOT notify the customer affected it is up to the customer to figure out and call them about the problem.

This company is horrible I had to talk to two Phillipine agents who did not even know they had an issue before I got transfered to the USA.

I was lucky I did not get an over draft but they told me if you do you have to get bank copies and documents and submit them to PayPal for review and who knows how long that will take. I got a $20.00 courtesy credit and will probably never keep much funds in PayPal as if this can happen then my money just sitting in my PayPal account could sure disappear as well and good luck getting it back talking to these rude customer service agents.

I got one good agent Daniel and the rest were horrible.

I may even close my accounts as this was not our problem but their problem but they will make you out as a problem if you call them to see what the heck is happening with your account. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.