Does the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard card offer any purchase / travel protection?

MCG170
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have found a previous answer in the archive but would like to double check the information, if it is still valid.

I'm wondering because I am going to rent a car in a few weeks. I know other cards offer some protection in both cases (travel insurance... no need to purchase the rental car insurance they push on you, etc).

I am I covered from Paypal and or MasterCard for my PayPal Business Debit MasterCard?

Thank you already for your help and information.

-Marc

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MCG170
Contributor
Contributor

I found out, from 2 sources (both MasterCard, one by phone and one by website) on November 9th of 2017, the following information. Please double check the information below, as it can change at any time. I will not be responsible for the facts of this post at a later date.

1st, source Website:

After entering “Paypal Business Debit Card” on “google.com” I clicked on the first link which was “https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card” under “FAQs” then “Does the card protect me from fraudulent charges?” then “Mastercard Guide to Benefits.” link, which forwards me to “https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/businesses/small-business/cards/business-debit-card.html

It reads;

MasterRental® insurance

Provides primary coverage (up to $50,000) for eligible rental vehicles and secondary personal effects coverage for up to 31 consecutive days.

2nd, source Phone:

Going to “https://www.mastercard.us” and at the very bottom of the page, below “Frequently Asked Questions” I found the phone number to MasterCard Assistance Center which is 18006278372. I called them also on November 9th 2017

After entering my PayPal Business Debit Card, I get the following message for car rental coverage:

Overview of car rental coverage. YOU save money with the added protection master rental collision damages insurance when YOU rent a vehicle for 31 consecutive days or less using YOUR eligible master card card. To receive coverage, initiate and pay for the entire rental agreement or contract with YOUR master card, decline collision loss damage waiver and personal affect insurance offered by the vehicle rental agency. Sign and date the vehicle contract in YOUR name, coverage is provided for the card holder or any authorized driver, legally responsible to the rental agency, on a primary bases. YOU must follow the guidelines for the length of the rental contract, coverage is for physical damage, theft to the rental vehicle and secondary personal effects coverage for damage or theft personal effects. Coverage applies to rental vehicle that has a manufactured suggested retail price of $ 50,000.00 or less. MasterCard card holders and those designated in the autos rental contract as authorized drivers, are covered by master rental collision damage insurance. Most rental vehicle are covered, with the exception of trucks, pickup trucks, full sized vans, campers, off road vehicles, trailers and motor cycles. In general coverage is available worldwide, however there are exceptions, you may be unable to receive benefits in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica and New Zealand. Please contact YOUR vehicle rental agency, before you travel.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I doubt it,you can go and find out on Paypal site.

It is a debit card,but can be used as a credit card if the merchant allows,I know on AMZN,you can only use it as a debit card.

but it does offer item not as described,item not received,but travel insurance?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MCG170
Contributor
Contributor

I found out, from 2 sources (both MasterCard, one by phone and one by website) on November 9th of 2017, the following information. Please double check the information below, as it can change at any time. I will not be responsible for the facts of this post at a later date.

1st, source Website:

After entering “Paypal Business Debit Card” on “google.com” I clicked on the first link which was “https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card” under “FAQs” then “Does the card protect me from fraudulent charges?” then “Mastercard Guide to Benefits.” link, which forwards me to “https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/businesses/small-business/cards/business-debit-card.html

It reads;

MasterRental® insurance

Provides primary coverage (up to $50,000) for eligible rental vehicles and secondary personal effects coverage for up to 31 consecutive days.

2nd, source Phone:

Going to “https://www.mastercard.us” and at the very bottom of the page, below “Frequently Asked Questions” I found the phone number to MasterCard Assistance Center which is 18006278372. I called them also on November 9th 2017

After entering my PayPal Business Debit Card, I get the following message for car rental coverage:

Overview of car rental coverage. YOU save money with the added protection master rental collision damages insurance when YOU rent a vehicle for 31 consecutive days or less using YOUR eligible master card card. To receive coverage, initiate and pay for the entire rental agreement or contract with YOUR master card, decline collision loss damage waiver and personal affect insurance offered by the vehicle rental agency. Sign and date the vehicle contract in YOUR name, coverage is provided for the card holder or any authorized driver, legally responsible to the rental agency, on a primary bases. YOU must follow the guidelines for the length of the rental contract, coverage is for physical damage, theft to the rental vehicle and secondary personal effects coverage for damage or theft personal effects. Coverage applies to rental vehicle that has a manufactured suggested retail price of $ 50,000.00 or less. MasterCard card holders and those designated in the autos rental contract as authorized drivers, are covered by master rental collision damage insurance. Most rental vehicle are covered, with the exception of trucks, pickup trucks, full sized vans, campers, off road vehicles, trailers and motor cycles. In general coverage is available worldwide, however there are exceptions, you may be unable to receive benefits in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica and New Zealand. Please contact YOUR vehicle rental agency, before you travel.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.