Direct Deposit prior to activating Master Card

DLall
Contributor
Contributor

Can money be deposited through direct deposit to my account prior to receiving and activating my PayPal mastercard? I had money deposited already and I have not received my mastercard.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting.  That's the first I've seen of this.  It must be a relatively new feature.  I found this article saying it's available in the profile, but I'm not seeing it in any of my accounts.  Did you have to request to enable that specifically?  The article doesn't say anything about the debit card, but some other info I'm seeing does seem to portray that this is only for deposits onto the debit card.  

Hopefully one of the PayPal reps can step in here to clarify...

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, as soon as you've added and verified a bank account you can transfer money to and from it through PayPal. The PayPal MasterCard would just let you spend PayPal funds, and you can even use it if the PayPal balance is 0.00 as long as you have a bank account and credit/debit card as backup funding sources.

Login to Me Too

DLall
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much! Also, direct deposits should show up in my PayPal balance, correct? Regardless if I have a mastercard or not..?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Well, I may have overlooked your actual request here. As @DPCreations mentioned, you cannot setup PayPal as the receiving account of an actual Direct Deposit, for example, from your job's payroll system.

If you funds in your regular bank account, though, those can be deposited int your PayPal account regardless of whether or not you have a PayPal MasterCard setup.

Sorry for the confusion.

Login to Me Too

DLall
Contributor
Contributor

So what is the PayPal direct deposit function for?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Where exactly are you seeing the phrase used? It sounds like maybe you're referring to depositing funds FROM PayPal TO a PayPal MasterCard..??

Login to Me Too

DLall
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has provided me an account and routing number for me to utilize Direct Deposit. Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting.  That's the first I've seen of this.  It must be a relatively new feature.  I found this article saying it's available in the profile, but I'm not seeing it in any of my accounts.  Did you have to request to enable that specifically?  The article doesn't say anything about the debit card, but some other info I'm seeing does seem to portray that this is only for deposits onto the debit card.  

Hopefully one of the PayPal reps can step in here to clarify...

Login to Me Too

DLall
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! Thank you for this!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DLall wrote:

PayPal has provided me an account and routing number for me to utilize Direct Deposit. Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

too faint,cant read what is goingon.

which card are you referring to?

Paypal has both MC debit and credit cards?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.