Debit card w/ Bank account as backup funding

imrazor
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in a bit of pickle for the next couple of days as my bank debit card has gone AWOL over the weekend, and the bank doesn't open until Tuesday. I do have an old debit card (had to cancel due to identity theft, forgot to update it) and an active, verified bank account on my Paypal account. My Paypal balance is near zero, so if I buy something with the Paypal card will it draw automatically from the bank account? I did go in to my settings and make the bank account my "backup funding" source.

I'm confused by the whole 3 - 5 days to process an ACH transaction issue...

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

some one here mentioned Paypal may be experiencing cashflow problem.

This could explain why the PAYPAL business debit card does not work if you dont have enough in the paypal account,as reaching into your bank account would take 3-5 days and what if there is not enough fund in bank account to cover the purchase?

In the past,PAYPAL is advancing the payment,seller gets instant use of the sales proceeds,and buyer has a few days before the witdrawal hits his bank account ,now you are hearing words like pending,??withheld? which tells me Paypal is no longer willing to advance the fund ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.