Debit Card Charged Me Twice and Paypal Is Unreachable

Tindashop
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal,

I have been on hold for over 20 minutes so I decided I would send and email while waiting.  After the line just dropped and I called again.  Paypal then said it would call me back in 47 minutes!

One September 1, 2016 I used my Paypal debit card at Shophrite grocery store.  The amount was for $31.17.  I was charged two (2) times for $31.17.  There are 2 seperate transaction IDs.  I also received 2 email alerts.

When I noticed this I contacted Paypal and they saw the error.  They placed the $31.17 back to my account since there was another transaction of $31.17 where the funds were removed from my account already.   

The Paypal representative I spoke to assured me that the correction was made and I did not have to do anything else since I was charged twice (2) for the amount of $31.17.

Well today, September 16, 2016, I was surprised to receive an email stating that Paypal has sided with the merchant and $31.17 was once again taken from my account. 

I just want Paypal to make the corrections and put back the $31.17 into my account.  I already paid this.  I was charged twice.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Louise

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No transaction numbers needed, but transaction dates AND time ARE important as well as positive and negative charges for each one.  Payment decription type is important.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Without seeing your PayPal account activity list of transactions there is no way of know exactly what is happening.  The explanations don't explain the true chronology and event details.

Login to Me Too

Tindashop
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!  Is it safe to put exact transaction numbers here on the Community board?  I am waiting for Paypal to call me back, but if I can get a clearer solution here or tips I would love to find out.

For some reason the wait time right now when you call Paypal is over 45 minutes.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No transaction numbers needed, but transaction dates AND time ARE important as well as positive and negative charges for each one.  Payment decription type is important.

Login to Me Too

Artrimmell
I've been on hold for the second time for over 40 minutes. Paypal Debit card used and charged twice. Taken out of PayPal balance and can't get anyone on the phone to fix it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.