Customer Service

JohnnyBurgundy
Contributor
Contributor

Why are the customer service representatives so dense?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Because they are not prepared to handle all these different situations,coming from every part of the world,using debit card,credit card,prepaid card,bank accounts ,line of credit,paid after delivery,working capital,people buy from individuals ,they buy here and they buy there ,everything,anything,naively thinking they are buying from individuaal no different than buying from Bestbuy,Macy,Norstrom,they haev no way t o check the seller credibility,the merchandise they described,they think they are getting a bargain,they dont understand there are import/export tarriff,restrictions,delay ,theft,snow storm,weather change,political upheaval,foreign currency exchange,bribery,corrupt customer officers,incompetent mail service,poor packing,cheap container,sloppy labelling,etc ect ect.

every phone call is different,they have to listen to the angry caller with or without a foreign accent,speaking good or bad english,they have to listen to all the details of the complaing ,what is the product,what he said,what she said,what happens and what not happens,and why the villain should be quartered adn maimed and banished for life.  

Phone never stop ringing,all that for a lousy minimum wage of $xx.xx,sometimes a free sandwich and may be some free alkaselzer or pepto bismo.

Have you thought of buying from a reputable store instead of any Joe,John,Mary who list anything everything they come across so they can make a fast buck from you.

dont use paypal ,go to the bank.

dont buy here and buy there,buy from reputable brick and mortar store where you can examine ,pay and take the item home.

enough venting,your turn ! 

BTW,if they are smart,they wil be working elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

JohnnyBurgundy
Contributor
Contributor

I understand your point, but I did buy from a reputable company. I used PayPal for an extra level of security. My issue is they responded to my problem without reading my msg thoroughly or researching previous msgs on the same issue. I would respect them more if they would admit when they don't know something and put me in contact with someone who does when asked. I find repetitive quoting of policy, lack of individual thought and passing the buck unprofessional.

Login to Me Too

Mikeymikek
Contributor
Contributor
Yea they can't tell me why or what the reason I can't purchase anything with my credit
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@JohnnyBurgundy wrote:

I understand your point, but I did buy from a reputable company. I used PayPal for an extra level of security. My issue is they responded to my problem without reading my msg thoroughly or researching previous msgs on the same issue. I would respect them more if they would admit when they don't know something and put me in contact with someone who does when asked. I find repetitive quoting of policy, lack of individual thought and passing the buck unprofessional.

reading PRIOR messages,researching the issue?

I think you are asking too much,and passing the buck to their fellow worker who is just as bad as they are would be a waste of time,theirs and yours/

your best protection is your credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.