Checkout Behavior Changed-used to swipe then confirm total/tip-now app confirms total, then swipe

MarvelousThings
Contributor
Contributor

In a previous version of the Paypal Here app, the swipe window would pop up, then I could take the card from the customer, swipe, then hand the iPad to the customer to confirm total/tip, then sign.

Without warning the app checkout behavior changed- now it asks to confirm total, then asks for swipe, then signature.

This is a problem, because now I have to hand the iPad to the customer to confirm tip/total, then get the iPad back to swipe, then hand back to customer to sign

OR

I have to give the iPad to the customer to confirm tip/total and have them swipe the card themselves, and close the transaction all the way through signature. This is difficult because most customers struggle to understand how to swipe correctly, have no clue what where to click, etc.

It has cost a lot of money for me in tips, because people are not used to confirming total before swiping, so when they see the confirm total/tip screen, they instinctively click back or ok just to move to the next screen, and its very awkward to explain that they missed the chance to tip.

Is there a setting to allow card swiping before total confirmation?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ealinaghi
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to find a solution / heard anything regarding this? 

Login to Me Too

PPHProduct
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

I'm on the PayPal Here product team -- we hear your feedback on our tipping experience loud and clear.

We are working on updating the experience so your customers can sign & tip at the same time (after presenting payment). We will be rolling this change out asap.

In the meantime, although there is no setting to change the behavior, you can swipe / dip your customers card without pressing the "Charge" button, and then present your tablet to your customer to tip & then sign at the same time. Although it won't be on the same screen, this flow should be a bit more natural before we release the change.

Thanks,

PayPal Here Product Team

Login to Me Too

ealinaghi
Contributor
Contributor

This is great to "here" Thanks for listening to our feedback! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.