Cannot select PayPal Credit when making purchases.

katowilbur
Contributor
Contributor

When I make a purchase from a site that accepts PayPal, I am suddenly unable to select  PayPal Credit as a funding source when I click the Change link.  The PayPal Credit selection is grayed out.  My account is payed up and I have a credit line of $2000 which is far more than the amount of the puchase. This even happens if the site has a PayPal Credit button.

I have emailed customer service twice about this.  Both times, all I received were static responses suggesting things like unpaid balances, the site may not accept PayPal, and similar things that don't apply.  I've also called the customer service phone number.  It's apparently fully automated and does not give any opportunity to talk to any customer service personnel.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It happens to others as well,either Paypal feels you have been a big spender or the item you are buying is risky. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you are persistent with phone calls you can talk to an agent.  Unless there is a technical problem, they will not likely provide more than a general response as PayPal will not disclose details with security models.

It could have something to do with the merchant, the product, the country, your account, your creditworthiness, your finances, or something else.  You are the only one who know all of that information.

Login to Me Too

hotrod4x5
Contributor
Contributor
Try changing your backup funding source to the credit line.
Login to Me Too

katowilbur
Contributor
Contributor

Got it fixed. It was mismatches between my PayPal and PayPal Credit accounts. You'd think they'd be connected, wouldn't you.

Thanks for all the replies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.