Cannot add cash at store.

Teamswish
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to add money at a 7-11 but the system would not load the money onto a card. The employee tried 4 different cards. I tried hours later at a family Dollar but i had the same issue. Any idea what is going on?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

have you tried CVS?

Login to Me Too

Teamswish
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. Today. Still didn't work. In fact the register said something to pull all the cards off the rack.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

We heard Paypal is phasing out the cash card,you may want to call Paypal and ask.

Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

I'll include my reply I made in a similar thread here:

The physical Paypal MyCash card has been discontinued as of May.  Any stores that still may carry the cards will not be able to load cash onto them, nor will it be possible to reload old cards.

Paypal now has a new option that replaces the physical card to load money onto an account.  You no longer go through the step of buying and loading up the card, scratching off the code and entering it into your Paypal account to finish the transfer. 

Now you go to the "Add Money" link on the main page of your account on the right side under your current account balance which brings up a pop-up window which guides you through generating a unique barcode page that can be sent to a mobile device or printed that you take to either a CVS or RiteAid store.  You do not specify a dollar amount during this process and the code is good only for 24 hours (I think).  Only when you go to the store and pay however much cash (up to $500 plus a $3.95 fee) you want to load onto your account and the barcode is scanned is the dollar amount to be loaded onto your Paypal account is set.  Within about half an hour you get an email confirmation that you've added to your Paypal balance, pretty much like how it worked with the physical "MyCash" card.  One other thing of note is that store clerks no longer ask for ID when loading cash over $250.

I've already tried it and it's pretty painless although it really would have been nice if Paypal sent emails out to customers that this new process was being implemented and the old one dropped.  I too, spent time going to several stores looking to load a MyCash card before someone told me they were no longer dealing with the old cards.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

thanks for the enlightenment,now we shall await more posts-I added cash but it has not appeared in my Paypal balance !!!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

PTlast

There is no "add money" link on my summary page.  In fact I have searched the entire website and have yet to find this coveted find a retailer and print out your barcode page.  It does not exist.  I did however find this page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash

But when you click on "log in to generate barcode"  and log in, it takes you to your summary page.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

are you in USA,is your Paypal account an USA account?

may be you should try a different browser,or go to a PC

Login to Me Too

roz47
New Community Member

I tried for hours to print the bar code since CVS cannot scan from the phone.  What is the problem?  All I get is an error message in 4 different browers.  What else can I do to add cash to paypal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @roz47,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm sorry to see that you're running into problems with PayPal Cash. There is currently a known issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.