Can't Pay Bill because of Synchrony Bank Error

alvorddb
New Community Member

Today I tried to pay my bill both from work and from home, and I keep getting the error below when it tries to link to Synchrony Bank. I have emailed Paypal with no response as of yet. I have about a week to make a payment but want to do it now and worry if this error keeps up, there is no way I can make a payment.

We're Sorry.

We apologize our system is having technical difficulties retrieving your information. Please try again later.

Thanks for any help. I have tried multiple browsers. The site title at top says Failed SSO Connection.

Dave

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest you phone PayPal customer service if you're in a hurry for help.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I suggest you take all your serious money out of Paypal,write a check to pay your bills.

I have been with Paypal for 16 years,I always download my Paypal fund to my bank account and pay my bills .     

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Agree, bills are too important to use your PayPal funds for making payments.

Login to Me Too

sept2004mom
New Community Member

I had the same problem. I called & was able to pay over the phone. The customer service rep wanted me to talk to the Paypal technical dept to tell them the issue, but I was disconnected. 😕 

Login to Me Too

IaBoy62
New Community Member

same problem here.  they told me synchrony is working on a new payment website and it should be ready in 72 hours from Oct.  31. But my girlfriend can still get to the old payment option for her account.  I don't want to make phone payments . 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

FAQs says one can make payments by email?!

How do I make payments to my PayPal Extras MasterCard?

You can make payments online, by phone, or by email. For payment instructions, just visit the PayPal Extras MasterCard Service site by logging in to your PayPal account, then selecting your PayPal Extras MasterCard from your Wallet.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nguyen43
New Community Member

I have been calling and calling and speaking to PayPal customer service about this issue. I cannot view statements, transactions, details about my account, or even pay my bill online! Luckily I was able to sumbit a payment over the phone on my due date, but this is such an inconvenience.

They told me the same thing. "72 hours it should be fixed". Still nothing. I can understand that they are transitioning everything to Synchrony Bank, but HOLY MOLY this is taking forvever and that link is basically broken. This is so stressful!

I hope they can fix this soon, I need to look thru my statements!!! I literally thought I was the only one in the world experiencing this, but glad I am not alone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.