Can I contribute to my own Pool?

ggnabm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking to set up an easy way to save money for my partner's upcoming birthday and thought PayPal would be perfect for this as it will remain off any statements he might see. I thought a pool would be a great way to do this but I can't seem to contribute to it myself, is that right?

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Martin

Hi there,

Welcome to our Community!

You can get your Pool rolling by making your own contribution at any time. The contribution will appear on your pool page and counts towards your goal. Note: because no actual transaction takes place, you won't see any money coming into or leaving your account.

You should have contribute button when you have created the pool.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

ggnabm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Martin, when I press Contribute on my Pool I get the message “You can't send payments to yourself” with no other option to continue.

Login to Me Too

Viay04
Contributor
Contributor
Glad you ask this question, im having the same issue here... i want to start a large pool and contribute as well and no only sit and receive. I want my followers to see that im also putting my own money down. So far, the only solution I found was to give someone I trust to deposit for me but my name wont show... Hope someone come with a solution.
Login to Me Too

fake_eric
Contributor
Contributor

Martin, 

As OP mentioned that's not true. It doesn't let you to saying "you can't send yourself payments".  This seems like a really superfluous constraint. What is the point of that? Really frustrating...

Thanks

Login to Me Too

ShadeBlack
Contributor
Contributor

I want to be able to match the contributions of others and I want people to see that I am doing so.

It's absurd that I can't.

Login to Me Too

Scribblecloud
Contributor
Contributor
It just tells You that you cant contribute to your own Pool 😕
Login to Me Too

Cloud171
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Why am I not allowed to contribute to my own pool? What is the point of having the "pool"? This is ridiculous. There is no option to contribute to the pool. There is option to "pledge" how much I will contribute. What is the point of that - just "pledging". 

Login to Me Too

There is no button to contribute. And I WANT to have the money taken from my account and set aside in my pool towards a specific goal and purpose; I assumed that was the point of a pool..? To save towards a goal? Well, if I need to save to reach the goal, it goes without saying that I can't afford for a large chunk of $ to be taken out of my bank account in one transaction (hence the purpose of saving towards a goal). Please PayPal!! Fix this issue???
Login to Me Too

ironman100
Contributor
Contributor

Hey 🙂

Disappointing this thread just stops without any actual context, the 'contribute' seems to have been changed now as a group i created today doesn't even have that, should i take it that paypal have decided it's not permissible to contribute to your own group and leave it there? I know this is a community space so that is just an open question hoping someone has asked formally, which i will do now too

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.