Business Debit Card Declined

dfarrales
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been using my business debit card for almost a year now without a problem. But yesterday, it was declined, twice, in 2 seperate transactions. It wasn't even a big purchase, one is for $20 and the other is for $5. I don't have any outstanding  or negative balance on my paypal account and even if I don't have funds on paypal itself. I still don't get declined because it's just goes to my back up funds which my bank account. I don't understand what is going on. Please help. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you use a PIN with the card?  Try using Credit, instead of the Debit option.  You get 1% cash back if you use the credit option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

shiningfaith
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! I am having the very same issue. Here's mine:

Has anyone else been having issues with their PayPal Debit Mastercard in the past two weeks? I can track this issue back to 10/15/16. I have my settings to email me every time we use our card and also when transactions clear. First, those emails stopped coming, then started coming days later both after the purchase and when it clears. Then, it became very hit and miss on transactions approving. Now, I haven't been able to use my PayPal card in days, and everything has cleared completely through my bank and with PayPal (and yes, that includes a wait time for the bank processing), and I've had this card since 2011. We already consistently spend over $5,000 a month because we use it mainly to purchase everything because of the cashback feature. A recent call to customer service tells me that it's because of our largest transaction clearing in the past two weeks was only $400, so that's now our limit of spending they will approve, because they know that's what we're good for. I'm really irritated right now with PayPal, and I suspect it's really an issue with their system, becuase we've not had this problem since first building our trustworthiness with PayPal in 2011, and usually when I call, there's never a hold time, but it's been over two hours most days when I call. Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too

CMMAR2016
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  Did it happen at Walmart or Target?   I've had the same issue and customer service keeps telling me there are fraud issues with Walmart and Target in the SE USA.  I never know if the card will work and it's getting quite frustrating to say the least.

Login to Me Too

shut
Contributor
Contributor

We've been declined for the past three days when trying to use the pp debit card to withdraw OUR funds already in PayPal from an ATM.

Never had this problem and been doing this for years!!! 

There's no links to contact them about problems withdrawing funds via ATM, I tried calling in twice today and was told it would be a 30 minute wait to speak to someone, No one here has time to sit around for 30 minutes waiting for customer service.

This is rediculous!!! 

Login to Me Too

Goldenone
Contributor
Contributor

YEP THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

I THINK THEIR IS ALOT OF PEOPLE CALLING....THAT WHY IT WAS A 30 MIN WAIT...

MY CARD IS NOW COMPLETELY USELESS.....WONDERING OR NOT IF ITS GOING TO BE APPROVED OR NOT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE MONEY IS CRAP!!!

TALKED TO A JERK REP AND A NICE SUPERVISOR BUT THEY CAN DO NOTHING.....JOIN THE MOVEMENT.....IT TIME TO MOVE ON!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Noncon
Contributor
Contributor

My debit card has been declined at Amazon several times.  The first time I didn't have funds in the PP acount (usually not an issue, they just took funds from my bank), the second time I had $100 in my PP account.  The Amazon order was for $104 which was declined for insufficient funds (only needed $4 from my backup funding). 

Phonecalls to PayPal CSR was a waste, they only said it was a security issue.  Perhaps it is due to the holidays, so I'll wait till early next year, if not resolved, I'll cancel card.  I don't need it if it can't be used reliably. 

Login to Me Too

shut
Contributor
Contributor

Still not fixed properly. They blocked it from being able to withdraw funds from an ATM, had to call in and wait.. get it unblocked, lasted 5 days then they blocked it again. Called in Thursday got it unblocked again...  took money out Thurs and Friday and Saturday its blocked again. Lady at customer service said it was "security" and that because on my previous withdrawels I did a balance inquiry before withdrawing funds.. which is what I have done for many years almost daily, go to the ATM, put the card in, check balance, make withdrawel..  Thurs and Fri I made sure not to do a balance inquiry before making an ATM withdrawel and it's blocked again.   This is just plain rediculouse.

Login to Me Too

grokman
Contributor
Contributor

My card has been declined over the last few weeks consistantly.

For years it worked with little of no balance in the paypal account.

It just pulled from the back up accounts flawlessly.

It is like having a virtual card that can front accounts that do not give you 1%.

But to make it work it needs to be frictionless.

In other words it pulls from back up accounts without me knowing or managing anything other than the back up accounts.

It looks like they changed the execution of their policy.

The person on the phone admitted the execution of their policy had changed, but said this was the policy from the beginning.

I thought "to me the customer what is the difference, action sspeak louder than words".

I called they said you must keep a balance in the paypal account to cover the highest likely transaction or you may be declined.

They recommended using the balance manager to do so.

This is too much worry and friction for me.  I want a transparent virtual frictionless card not one that has a policy that is not explicit and that I have to manage relative to the never ending ways I may use it.

The good old days are gone.

I am disappointed.

As it is too much trouble to use the card under the new conditions.

I have escaled, but the response I got was sadly not helpful.

Login to Me Too

SamKarma

i was able to make purchases from Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon.. bought a few things i needed... left and bought gas at Sam's club.... no issues there..  forgot to pick up dinner so i go to the local Wal-Mart market to grab a few things... declined.. and declined again.. imagine the embarassment of having to pull up the paypal app while there is a line of people just to prove to the cashier that you have money.. thankfully it was a cashier that i talk to on a frequent basis (i work for the company) so she understood.    but yeah so today i stop off to Mc Donalds because i'm hungry and i just had a hell of a day at work.. go to order food.. boom declined 4 times before it finally took.   this is fairly annoying.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.