Best solution for kiosk?

d9000
New Community Member

We have a client that wants to accept PayPal at a stationary kiosk.  They are not interested in processing credit cards through PayPal (they have integrated a card reader from another provider for that); rather, they would like someone who has an existing PayPal account to log in and pay using their balance.

What is the preferred solution for this?  I found Mobile Pin Pay in Store, which seems ideal, but could only find this overview page and no integration information:  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/mobile-pin-pay-in-store

It seems like that solution may be only open to custom integration with large clients.

Having the customer go out to the website is problematic at a kiosk for obvious reasons, and from what I understand various mobile API integrations are not allowed on a device that the customer does not own.

Is there anything I'm missing?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no seller protection for PayPal payments and local pickup.  This means the buyer could pay with PayPal, take the product, walk away and dispute for non-delivery, AND WIN.

Cash only for local pickup, unless using PayPal Here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.