Balance Manager End of Life

SiliconVMan
Contributor
Contributor

I was notified today that my favorite PayPal feature is being discontinued first of next year. From PayPal: The Balance Manager feature used to automatically transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal account is being discontinued. In order to use your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® for purchases, please ensure you maintain a balance in your PayPal account or add a backup funding source...

I use Balance Manager to top up my PayPal Business Debit Mastercard is a nice feature, but I primarily use it to insure I carry a PayPal balance for online purchases. Now I'm told I have to remember to login and manually transfer funds from my bank account. That's more work for a busy person like myself. Which means I may have to think, do I have a balance before using my PayPal account online or will my credit card be used as a backup funding source which I prefer to avoid credit card interest payments. Which is why I use Balance Manager. PayPal could have communicated their reasons for discontinuing Balance Manager. Does anyone know why?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Ra21V12eN
New Community Member

I'm curious why this feature is going away as well...

I don't use the Debit Card but rather keep funds in PayPal for when I purchase something from eBay or use another site that allows me to use PayPal versus my normal bank's debit card.  I enjoy having this out there as it also is a simple way to stash cash away from my primary account that I don't think about.

Login to Me Too

dougas1378
New Community Member

starting to think I no longer have any need or use for paypal 😞

Login to Me Too

hannah221
I'm really upset about this. This was the only reason to have PayPal. I don't want to have to think about weather I put money on my card or not. It's the whole idea behind PayPal, isn't it?
Login to Me Too

Grivante
New Community Member

I agree. This is a great inconvenience to me as a customer.

Login to Me Too

Syndog
Contributor
Contributor

I wish to add my voice to the chorus.  I've relied on this feature for years to fund my discretionary spending.  I feel we deserve more than some pithy e-mail saying it's going away, without even an apology for the inconvenience it poses.  We are owed an explanation, at the very least.

Login to Me Too

epstewart
Contributor
Contributor

Let me add my loud boo! There's been no explanation. Why is this happening?

Login to Me Too

TracyLandrum

bring back paypal balance manager that was one of the best services like us which are wokring whole day not add funds manually when it drop to 10$ or wait for it again 3 or 5 days to get funds and buy item so i need that service, i hope paypal bring it back..

Login to Me Too

RobertCandari
New Community Member

yes need this function back

Login to Me Too

Blaze70
New Community Member

I will add this to the topic as well.  I am not happy and have been with Paypal since 2001 so I have been around almost since the begining.  I use my Paypal card for everything I can and I have received over 5,000 cash back so you know how much Paypal has made off my use of this card.  Because of this and my lack of time to go in and keep updating my balance the way I used to before Balance Manager came along, I will most likely be done with PayPal.  A real shame they could care less about their customers wants and needs.  I am sure no customer requested this to end, again it has something to do with money somewhere down the line.  Big business is all about money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.