Automatic Payment to PayPal Credit

dataport
Contributor
Contributor

I've got a balance due in my PayPal Credit.  When I go to set-up automatic payments - it only allows me to select "Minimum Amount Due" (or) "Full Balance".  Where/How can I set up my own amount I want to pay each month through my Checking Account?  I can't find anywhere to put in an amount higher than "Minimum Due".

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't.  You will need to manage individual payments yourself each month.

Login to Me Too

Gatherer11
New Community Member

It doesn't make sense to offer an automatic payment service for paypal credit and then  not allow you to set the payment amount.  Somethings not right there.  Why have the service at all since it's just like the one-time payment service.  

Login to Me Too

helpfulhero
Contributor
Contributor

It's true that PayPal Credit only allows you to choose the minimum or the full balance. Another way to achieve what you would like (control over your automatic payment amount) would be to utilize your bank bill pay service to make your automatic payments instead.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@helpfulhero

Exactly how does bank bill pay work  to pay PayPal Credit?

Login to Me Too

helpfulhero
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

@helpfulhero

Exactly how does bank bill pay work  to pay PayPal Credit?

Good question. Here's an explanation of a normal bank bill pay service from Nerdwallet

What is bank bill pay?

How it works
The concept is simple. After you log in to your bank account, navigate to its online bill pay feature. Then, you select the bill provider and plug in the account number for each of your bills, and authorize your bank to send the payment for you.

Payments can be sent by your bank electronically or via a paper check, so you can pay bills online even if the biller isn’t set up for it. And you can choose a one-time payment or set up a recurring one. You often can select whether to pay the entire balance, just the minimum due, or another amount.

Login to Me Too

jack_hanks
Contributor
Contributor

I'm appalled at this blatant attempt to force people to miss payments and collect interest.  I've never encountered another credit service that didn't allow you to setup automatic payments in the exact dollar amount needed.  BillMeLater did this!  PayPal, because of this I will NEVER use your credit feature again and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of this backwards practice.  

Login to Me Too

danielgetsthis
Contributor
Contributor

To setup recurring payment using your own bank, send checks to and include your Paypal Credit Account#
PayPal Credit
<removed>
Atlanta, GA 30348-5658

On most bank Bill Pay systems, you can either send the payment electronically, or if the bank doesn't have Paypal Credit as a partner, you enter the info manually and your bank will send a physical check in the mail to the above address. Just make sure you time it right. I found this info buried under the payment flow. 

Screenshot 2018-01-23 09.32.58.png

Regarding this Paypal Credit change: This sucks hard. We should be able to set a recurring fixed amount until the balance is paid. This is clearly an attempt to have people fail on the promotion and pay interest. 

Login to Me Too

danielgetsthis
Contributor
Contributor

antproofcase
Contributor
Contributor
That is exactly what they are trying to do. I have opened up a ticket with PayPal about this and they never respond!! It is underhanded and wrong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.