Are PayPal invoices protected under seller's protection?

hotsaucysmacker
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a website through my direct sales company and our online payments are routed to PayPal.  When a customer places an order, it is not automatically processed online.  We (the seller) catch the order and must decide how to process it.  In order to collect payment for goods requested - the seller has to send out a PayPal invoice to collect payment from the buyer before shipping the goods out.

Are PayPal invoices afforded the same seller's protection as a chip-reader transaction through PayPal Here?  For example, I know in PayPal Here -- regular swipe transactions (on the dongle) are NOT protected under seller's projection where as the chip-reader PayPal Here transactions are protected under seller's protection.

How about PayPal invoices?  Are they protected under seller's protection?  I've had numerous transaction since joining PayPal business in February but all it took was ONE erroneous dispute (initiated by a buyer) to make me brutally aware of what is protected under seller's protection.  Now I'm paying close attention to what is covered or not covered in the policies.

Please help!  Thank you in advance for your time!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sales paid through a PayPal invoice do qualify for both buyer and seller protection, but you really need to make sure you understand those protections; they are not abosolute.

You also need to make sure ALL product details, pictures, specifications, and shipping details are part of the invoice.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sales paid through a PayPal invoice do qualify for both buyer and seller protection, but you really need to make sure you understand those protections; they are not abosolute.

You also need to make sure ALL product details, pictures, specifications, and shipping details are part of the invoice.

Login to Me Too

hotsaucysmacker
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick response!  I will make sure that all product items, buyer information with shipping address are all filled in.  Appreciate your clarification on this 🙂  Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.