Amazon Digital Gift Card

Carrie2France
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to purchase an Amazon Gift Card with my PayPal Credit.  I am not anywhere close to the available balance so that is not the issue.  I have tried the For Me and the Gift option and I get through the process and then receive this message: Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay. I click return to merchant and it just takes me back to the PayPal Digital Gift Card page.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't use PayPal Credit to purchase a cash card.

You need to use a different payment method.

Login to Me Too

Carrie2France
Contributor
Contributor

It clearly said on my screen Purchase Amazon.com Digital Gift Card Now Pay Later. If I can't use my PayPal Credit to buy the Gift Card, then why does PayPal advertise it that you can? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit will evaluate every potential purchase at time of payment.  There are many qualifications that have to met.  Perhaps there was a change in your credit worthiness; perhaps a change in some other risk issues.  

PayPal Credit is not like a credit card which you can use on-demand.  Just because you have PPC does not guarantee you can use it when you want.

Login to Me Too

Carrie2France
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't make any business sense at all.  That's the purpose of applying for the credit in the first place.  I have had the credit account for more than 10 years, I have never missed a payment and I am not even close to my available credit and I have made larger amount purchases with no issues.  Any idea who can I speak to about this issue?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on HELP at the the top of the page and then follow to phone options.

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

That happened to me, too.  I tried and tried and got the same "run around" and messages you got.  I tried entering the GC site though emails PP sent me (about the Amazon GCs) and, also, went to the GC site directly.  Finally, I gave up... though I think I tried the next day (a couple times) with no luck.  Smiley Mad   

However, I tried 5 or 6 days later and it went through without a problem.  Easy peasy!   It couldn't have been simpler.  IN fact, I've purchased a couple since then -- no problems then, either.

To be clear, I used PP Credit to pay for it. 

I don't know what the glitch is, but you might try in a few days -- and have better luck.

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

Carrie2France
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I will try again in a couple of days.
Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to add a few notes.

1.  Same as you, I had plenty of available credit, so there was no reason (that I could see) for my purchase being denied.

2.  During your purchase process (when it actually goes through Smiley Very Happy), you might be asked to verify your purchase.  (I selected "By Text" and was asked "Are you trying to make a Gift Card Purchase at PP" -- something like that).   Seconds after I replied (via Text), "yes", my purcahse went through.

3.  The next screen delivers your Gift Card with an option (button) to "Redeem now".  Click it and you're taken to Amazon.  (Sign in.) and, as I recall, your GC number is already filled in.  Just click "Add to Balance".  You will, also, get an Email with the purchase info. 

It was all fast and easy!... went it was finally happening.  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.